5EFHE Compression test results

guys and gals,

i did a compression test on my 5efhe today in preparation for turbo'ing and putting in my GT.

the test was done WOT and the first number is based on 4 revs/turns of the key, the other is max reading.

Piston 1 - 160psi (max = just under 200psi)

Piston 2 - 145psi (max = 170psi)

Piston 3 - 150psi (max = just under 170psi)

Piston 4 - 90psi (max = 105psi)

My plan was high compression td04, i take it number 4 needs sorting - what about others?

cheers

piston 4 rings or valve seat issue

why not fit 4efte pistons to them rods ???? be so much better

i would like them nrs to be closer indeed

need to keep my 4e as a built unit to transfer back in the sera.

im thinking set of bigger pistons and get block bored, but that means id lost the high compression ive wanted

set of 4efte pistons can be got very cheap amigo no nead for over bore just hone the block urselve fit used pistons with new rings

you will be able to run more boost on the 4efte pistons then on the 5efhe 1s anyways its a no brainer going to 4efte pistons

can be converted really cheap

set of 4efte pistons can be got very cheap amigo no nead for over bore just hone the block urselve fit used pistons with new rings

you will be able to run more boost on the 4efte pistons then on the 5efhe 1s anyways its a no brainer going to 4efte pistons

can be converted really cheap

and what about going 74mm flat tops for example??

There shouldn't be anymore than 1 bar / 14.5 psi difference between cylinders. You can do a leak down test which is more accurate and will tell you where the engine is losing gas.

Regarding pistons, I know you say you don't wanna loose the high compression, but flat tops in a turbo motor are a bad idea as they retard the flame front.

amigo i would source them parts on ebay uk it will be cheaper then buying that and paying postal and import tax

go and have a chat in your local moterfactors !! al parts will do spuriouse but but the gasket from toyo

or have a look in this link and check the parts in his shop :) :)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-GLANZA-V-EP91-4E-FTE-HEAD-GASKET-MADE-IN-JAPAN-OE-/301552708087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4635f129f7

Edited by 5e colin