Hey all..

Okay, Got a bit of a problem, Want to know what it is because its happened twice now.. and I dont want to be turning up at a garage and them stinging me for shit that isnt wrong.. hey, it happens!

Okay so since ive bought the Glanza, At high revs sometimes (only sometimes) the engine management light comes on. Now as an absolute novice I can maybe guess saying the vacuum's being switched over probably has something to do with it? But also the exaust seems to be blowing near the manifold. maybe thats whats wrong? The light goes off after maybe 3 long minutes or so?

ANYWAYS I just ignored the problem ...

Last night is the first time though it has done this?

I was driivng along, felt like banging it along a bypass. So i went through 1st, 2nd and then put it down in 3rd. I went to about 7000rpm and it juddered like it lost all power.. but within a second it was accelerating again no problem, The management light came on when it was fine again? I started to not rev as hard.. stopping at about 6000rpm it was fine.

Okay so this morning i tried it again and this timeit juddered exactly as the engine management light went on? Its not doing it until i really hit almost redline? Does anyone have any idea what this is? I am taking it into a garage in a few weeks and would like to be a little bit knowing of what I want fixing

Cheers all..

Sorry if its the wrong board? im new.. and stupid!

Well mate it ain't a VTEC so aint gonna like being revved to 7000RPM!

It's gonna be fuel cut so stop driving it like a prick and learn how to drive it in the powerband without trying to put a rod through the block! :angry:

It's gonna be fuel cut so stop driving it like a prick and learn how to drive it in the powerband without trying to put a rod through the block! :p

thats abit harsh like i take it you never got your nuts last night :angry:

@tommy

theres nothing wrong majorley wrong with your ep, definatly sounds like the symptoms of fual cut which is a failsafe within the ecu that cuts the fual when too much air is getting sooked in

whats the mods list on your car buddy?

It's harsh but fair! :p Cold weather and revving the tits off the car will give exactly the symptoms described!

I was driivng along, felt like banging it along a bypass. So i went through 1st, 2nd and then put it down in 3rd. I went to about 7000rpm and it juddered like it lost all power.. but within a second it was accelerating again no problem, The management light came on when it was fine again? I started to not rev as hard.. stopping at about 6000rpm it was fine.

Okay so this morning i tried it again and this timeit juddered exactly as the engine management light went on? Its not doing it until i really hit almost redline? Does anyone have any idea what this is?

How is this driving at speed sensibly? It's revving like a bloody chav! My EP never hit 7000 revs even with a buggered clutch and stupid power because i knew how to drive it!

I get my nuts emptied regularly thanks to my missus :angry: :p

so stop driving it like a prick and learn how to drive it in the powerband without trying to put a rod through the block! :angry:

if its not going to like it why did toyota give it a 7200rpm rev limit then? Im gonna belive them over you...

also if you look at Glanza Al's RR results you would of seen that he made max power over 6000rpm..

Max power @ engine - 127.4 bhp @ 6,906 rpm

Max power @ wheels - 87.5 bhp @ 6,547 rpm

Rob

It's gonna be fuel cut so stop driving it like a prick and learn how to drive it in the powerband without trying to put a rod through the block! :lol:

I am not allowed a little satisfaction? Hell I go to war for this country and its people??

anyways..

other than that, Thanks all for your help!! I wont be revving as hard.. Its still continued to do it wether its cold or been running for a few hours.. It's garage bound shortly but thanks again at least now I can mention a few faults and at least (thanks to my freind paul w) I know the cause..

Although im still going to tear arse around the country.. it makes me happy, I love my glanza and I love the straight line accelaration and speed!! it never stops amazing me everytime I get into it...

thanks all!!!