does anyone know the differences between the gearbox casing on lsd box

basically my 98 spec glanza has an OEM LSD which the casing has broken,

i sourced a box which has the same dimensions but ive got a feeling its a GT box as it varies slightly ?

i dont want to strip mine down to find this other box will not fit.

also has anyone got any tips for removing the nut which holds 5th gear in.

im hoping to gather enough info/pics to do a little tutorial once i have sorted my box out.

thanks in advance.

alex

center sections can be swapped about but only from starlet boxes as other toyotas that use them dont all have the bolt holes on the front for the mount.

The bell housings in your case arent interchangeable due to you having an lsd otherwise non lsds they are.

Gears can be fiddled about but you need to use the input and output from your desired gear.

Final drive you need to match the output shaft to the diff gear.

And splitting them i had an impact gun, and about 3 different sets of pullers!

So what I'm doing is stripping my c56 oem lad box down (I have a spare 5th gear lol) and I need a centre section as mine has a slight hole. I've got a empty c52 which I was planning on using the centre section but it looks quiet different.

fit the non lsd turbo set in the oem lsd box for the lower FD and fit the oem lsd 5th gear setup back in for extra low cruising rpm urs should be o.7 gear ratio :) :)

atleast my 1 is

yeah the c52 i have is from a gt turbo but the selector fork looks different.

yeah im wanting to keep my bell housing and use my gears as the c52 i have has no internals.

will it be more straight forward to but a complete c56 non lsd box and fit my bell housing and lsd ??

Im not 100% sure how it would work with the lsd side of things as normally the lsd would be attached to the final drive gear but with the lsd box its external. So you'll be using the whole c56 stuff including open diff then chucking that on the bellhousing with the lsd attached to the side? It should work Assuming the diff inside the lsd box is a normal c series open diff. If not then you might need to use what evers inside the lsd box and swap the ringgear from the c56 onto that and use that... i think that makes sense lol.