HI Glanza 18yo Insurance

HI,

im a new member to this group, im a through and through petrol head and own dvsnone car group (where doing all the big shows this year)

i am 18 and looking to get a glanza (so insurance is the problem) i am going to ring up adrain flux tomorrow to get a quote (also the pass plus discount helps) i am not expecting much so might have to look into the sr or even an ignis sport.

any help would be much appreciated in my hunt for the right car/insurance

Thanks in advance,

Jacob Norton

Unless you live in an A+++++ post code good luck getting a decent quote at 18 :( Sod's law but it's an import and turbo which insurance company's don't overly like for young drivers! Best of luck though ... Elephant is always good so worth a try!

Ohh and welcome along buddy :)

James

Unless you live in an A+++++ post code good luck getting a decent quote at 18 :( Sod's law but it's an import and turbo which insurance company's don't overly like for young drivers! Best of luck though ... Elephant is always good so worth a try!

Ohh and welcome along buddy :)

James

Thanks for the reply james,

i know i live in a good postcode but by no means highland Scotland, hence im looking into the sr... oh the joys of youth

thanks

I know a lot of glanzas over here are just insured as 1.3 starlets as they are just a 1.3 on the tax book. I personally wouldn't do this as your basically paying for insurance that you won't have if you did have an accident.

Starlet na's are great cars and reliable as hell I've also owned an ignis sport which again was brilliant but insurance on the iggy was more than the starlet because of the 0.2 displacement lol

James

wow some one whos owend both iggy and starlet your a rare breed, i test drove a iggy loved it and got a quote under my mum with me as the main driver for £1400 (being a civil engineer puts its up for some reason) but want to try and build up my ncb. what would you do and which one was better to own?

thanks james

My two :)

6997007941_9fafd71c4c_c.jpg

f3add654943afec120228b57e268c8ce_zpssaur

Personally I always missed my na and wanted it back lol as for mods .... Starlet every time as parts for the ignis are rare and expensive and DTN manifold will set you back £700-800 :-/ and coilovers used are like rocking horse poo I found a set but they were in Switzerland ( or that way haha ) and had to wait months for them, ITB's are £1500, LSD's.... Never seen a used one only new available!

Soo buy a starlet as parts are more readily available and cheaper :)

James

My two :)

6997007941_9fafd71c4c_c.jpg

f3add654943afec120228b57e268c8ce_zpssaur

Personally I always missed my na and wanted it back lol as for mods .... Starlet every time as parts for the ignis are rare and expensive and DTN manifold will set you back £700-800 :-/ and coilovers used are like rocking horse poo I found a set but they were in Switzerland ( or that way haha ) and had to wait months for them, ITB's are £1500, LSD's.... Never seen a used one only new available!

Soo buy a starlet as parts are more readily available and cheaper :)

James

cheers yeah i was thinking the same on the parts line, would prob strip out the starlet and cage it with some corbeau and coilovers. how did they compare on the driving front?

very hard to compare as the ignis was on coilovers and the starlet on springs. and its been such a long time since i drove a starlet NA :/ brother-in-law has a forged glanza which was on cusco coilovers for a while and it handled like it was on rails. :D

The ignis felt like a go kart when hooning it around the B-roads ( all within the law ) yet a nice daily driver, 2years ownership, 94k miles and the only issue I had was tires!

The starlet handled great on springs and with some further suspension mods would have been brilliant, i had that 2years brought on 110K sold at 128K had new clutch, injectors, alternator, 3temp sensors

But you know what.... I miss that car everyday :( there is just something about owning a starlet, Glanza or GT once you have had one you will always end up going back

BUY A STARLET!!! and when your in the right insurnance age bracket you can turbo it ;)

James

Edited by jimmymac101

Look for an as standard glanza as possible, and just get as many quotes as you can (but be sure they know its an import turbo) i'm 18, 19 next month and i have a glanza V, postcode is a huge factor so that helped me out a huge amount, also having a parent on your insurance as a named driver reduces the insurance. I ended up getting a quote for less than £1.5k from LV (i know not the best insurer but was the cheapest by far). As long as you make double sure they know what it is and live in a good postcode area it is still feasible to own a glanza.

Edited by ReeceGolliker

very hard to compare as the ignis was on coilovers and the starlet on springs. and its been such a long time since i drove a starlet NA :/ brother-in-law has a forged glanza which was on cusco coilovers for a while and it handled like it was on rails. :D

The ignis felt like a go kart when hooning it around the B-roads ( all within the law ) yet a nice daily driver, 2years ownership, 94k miles and the only issue I had was tires!

The starlet handled great on springs and with some further suspension mods would have been brilliant, i had that 2years brought on 110K sold at 128K had new clutch, injectors, alternator, 3temp sensors

But you know what.... I miss that car everyday :( there is just something about owning a starlet, Glanza or GT once you have had one you will always end up going back

BUY A STARLET!!! and when your in the right insurnance age bracket you can turbo it ;)

James

Cheers for the info man its really helped and ill let u know if i get one :)

Look for an as standard glanza as possible, and just get as many quotes as you can (but be sure they know its an import turbo) i'm 18, 19 next month and i have a glanza V, postcode is a huge factor so that helped me out a huge amount, also having a parent on your insurance as a named driver reduces the insurance. I ended up getting a quote for less than £1.5k from LV (i know not the best insurer but was the cheapest by far). As long as you make double sure they know what it is and live in a good postcode area it is still feasible to own a glanza.

Thanks for the reply man,

so it is possible, did u get the same stupid quotes through comparison websites? im gonna ring around and find out, i live out in the country but live near wigan ect... so we'll see. did you have any ncb, pass plus?

Yeah same silly quotes, cheapest on go compare was over £3k if I remember correctly. No pass plus but I do have a years no claims bonus, it is possible. Give it a go on the LV website, I didn't believe it at first until I rang them to confirm the information and got the papework through haha!

Yeah same silly quotes, cheapest on go compare was over £3k if I remember correctly. No pass plus but I do have a years no claims bonus, it is possible. Give it a go on the LV website, I didn't believe it at first until I rang them to confirm the information and got the papework through haha!

yeah i sent u a dm on it, ill have a look on lv now man cheers

Thanks so much man got a quote of £2000 on a glanza v with no ncb Really appreciate the help 8)

I remember those days. getting ridiculous quotes on a Starlet. When I was 17 that's what I looked at getting, got a quote for 3K on an N/A so was like, nah no thanks. Stuck with the DT for a few years and then bought a Starlet when I was 21. Seems like ages away, but really, 2K for a bit of paper. Could could put that towards a really nice Glanza later on in life. Life's a marathon, not a race.

But I could wait and not having a car didn't bother me. I like riding bikes so I just done that. 21, no years no claims, Starlet was 800 to insure, and I actually had a decent job to pay for it so that helped.