A few questions about turbo'ing my 4EFE

Basically I've got a N/A EP82 and its got the 100hp 4EFE. I've been told that the gen1 engine is basically a GT engine with different Pistons.

Obviously I don't want big boost.. I'm thinking 0.5/0.4 bar on a CT9, would the Pistons be able to handle this?

I was advised to put a thicker headgasket, how thick? 1.5mm? 1.9mm?

What would I need to do what I want? 4EFTE loom and ECU?

for ease of setup fit 4efte gtt loom and ecu , map sensor , knock sensor , 4efte injectors , dizzy , coil/igniter

there very strong engines !!!! im boosting a gi block in my gtt 10/11 psi no problem i ran more for a while to but its a bit risky i would get the 2mm gasket to lower the comp a tat ( its always safer )

you can always source 4efte pistons in the future and get them pressed to the rods :) :) as i have done now

Edited by 5e colin

for ease of setup fit 4efte gtt loom and ecu , map sensor , knock sensor , 4efte injectors , dizzy , coil/igniter

there very strong engines !!!! im boosting a gi block in my gtt 10/11 psi no problem i ran more for a while to but its a bit risky i would get the 2mm gasket to lower the comp a tat ( its always safer )

you can always source 4efte pistons in the future and get them pressed to the rods :) :) as i have done now

So the block would be reliable if I don't push silly boost.. What about the head? And can I use a 4efte ECU without the loom?

no cant use ecy without loom and sensors , diferent electronic setups there not compatible you could leave the electro stock and fit emanage thats the fastest way but your stock loom has no knock safety then !!! wish i dont like also if u swap to gtt stuff there will be no need for mapping

springs will be ok til 6 if your going higher then 4efte springs will need instaling

no cant use ecy without loom and sensors , diferent electronic setups there not compatible you could leave the electro stock and fit emanage thats the fastest way but your stock loom has no knock safety then !!! wish i dont like also if u swap to gtt stuff there will be no need for mapping

springs will be ok til 6 if your going higher then 4efte springs will need instaling

I see.. ok thanks for the help mate :thumbsup: