Vibration after fitting the Corolla Manifold

I got the Corola Manifold fitted a few weeks back now and I noticed the car would vibrate a certain times. First I thought it was the bracket that went from the engine block to the manifold, it doesnt quite fit onto the new manifold so I thought it must be that vibrating against the manifold. After checking a few pics of peoples manifold on here I noticed they had removed the bracket so I took it off. Now the vibration is all the time.

Its not a constant vibration ill try and explain when it occurs. Say im driving in 2nd gear when i push the clutch down the vibration occurs soon as i let the clutch back up it stops. This happens between ever gear change. Its a really deep vibration as if something is rattling almost against the bonnet. The other time it happens is when im in 5th gear and just rolling down a hill and not touching the accelerator. Its as if it only happens when the engine is slowing down BUT only when the car is moving. When the car is stationary there are no vibrations at all no matter what I do.

Have looked about under the bonnet and cant see anything is loose. Does anyone else with Corolla manifold suffer from this or anyone have any idea what this could be?

Just remebered it dont seem to happen when im giving it some, but not sure if thats just because i cant hear it over the actual engine though.

Thanks Again

im not really sure tbh

i know lighted flywheels rattle insanly, but i doubt you have one of those lol

but on another not make sure your flywheel isnt loose, as its been known when they come off to kill the driver...

Could you not re-use your old bracket David? The one that came with the rolla mani was slightly different so I had my old one fitted by drilling an extra hole.

As for the source of the vibes, I would certainly find out what it is. I didnt have any problems with mine.

Joz

i got a lil vibration to, i ordered the correct bracket from my local toyota dealer for about a tenner.

just ask for the one of a bugeye rolla :lol:

all brand spanking shiney and new, now i don't have any vibrations in the block anymore :lol:

xcuse me for the crappy english i am just out of bed and can't be bothered to read things over..

Well im going to try a few things over the weekend see if i can get rid of this stupid noise. Will try the old bracket like you suggested Joz

@kevink glad im not the only one who has a vibration, will defo get a new one if the old bracket seems to stop it.

Was proper noisy this morning think it must be worse in the cold as all the car was froze up this morning.

It was so long ago since I fitted mine, but whichever bracket I used, I drilled another hole. Im pretty sure it was the new one off the corolla, not the old starlet one, sorry David. I remember now the old one was a tad too short.

Joz

@Joz yeah i was thinking earlier the reason it wont attatch is because its too short so it cant be drilled to fit. Im going to stick it back on anyway see if it help, then ill know i dont have any other problems.

Got the part number for the Corolla bracket as promised. Also has the part number for the manifold if anyone wanted a new shiney one. No idea on the prices yet, will hopefully find out tomorrow.

corollapartsec8.jpg

When I get the chance I will check my bracket and see what number is on it, so that peeps can get the right one - although simple modification is still required.

Thats all being well that it has a number on it :lol:

Joz