dump valve pros and cons?

Hi guys, I currently have the stock dump valve on my starlet, bolts onto the standard efi pipe. But unfortunately where the plastic has got old it's cracked off and now leaking air, so when It dumps, the turbo is back spooling (instead of one air dump it's more like 4).

Cars pretty standard, apart from toyoshite manifold and custom exhaust with a laser back box +decat

Hks mushroom air filter (pointless because it's in the hot bay lol)

Front mount intercooler

Now my question is...

What are the pros and cons of having a dump, as far as my understanding:

Pros: sounds awesome:D

Cooler air to inlet

Cons

Slightly laggier (if that's even a word)

Bonus question-

Better on or off? :)

Cheers guys!

A dumpvalve wont make your setup any laggier and it wont cool the air to the inlet either. What it will do is release the presure to the atmosphere when you throttle is closed, preventing it from going back through the turbo charger.

im no expert but apparantly another pro is that it lets out the unused compressed air from the turbo, keeping the turbo from stopping spooling (under pressure from the compressed air) allowing it to spool up again even quicker, as apposed to not having 1.. and apprantly can add few extra hp too if ive been told right.. correct me if im wrong guys..

Wouldn't worry too much about the specifics of it for a road motor, or ones in which use sub £1000'ish turbo's.

Just go with one that you like the sound of. When you start using BOV's to control boost or run large amounts of boost on turbo's worth more than the car, then I'd worry about it :)