Help need on injectors

I'm just modifying my standard Glanza and have got the following parts

Hybrid ct9

Td fuel rail

Bigger tm intercooler

Fuel pressure regulator

Decat

Zisco ss ram horn mani

I'm running the standard ecu at the moment and before all of the above go on I'm thinking of changing the injectors.

Should I just stick with the standard or upgrade them?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which injectors I should get?

Thanks for the reply

So I should stick with the standard fuel rail and injectors.

Should I get the fuel pressure regulator fitted or just leave it as it is?

I would love to get the Jam ecu but 550 at the moment is difficult as I've just spent out quite a bit.

Will buy it if it's still up for sale in a few weeks.

Cheers guys.

personal preferance on the rail to be honest its just a bit of bling really. could always sell it towards the jam ecu. for your power level you dont really need to touch anything on the fuel system although if you want todo something the first thing i would normaly recommend is a high flow fuel pump as ours are getting on in age and the high flow ones arent exactly expensive.

You can only run standard injectors if you have a standard Ecu or P&P Ecu anyway and besides standard will more than cope with the setup your after by the sounds of things

Have a read up on the P&P Ecu thread in the technical section it might be a bit clearer for you and make him an offer on that one for 550 he can only say no

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/48810-plug-and-play-ecus/

^^^ this one :)

The mods I'm going to do now is

Hybrid ct9

De-cat pipe

Ram horn ss manifold

Bigger/better top mount intercooler

Already got a bigger exhaust system on it.

With the above mods would using the standard ecu be ok or do I definitely need a emanage with remap?

Any suggestions on how much power increase I will get with either ecu?

you can run it with a stock ecu but you can only really run a few psi more so not massive gains over stock. with an emange you could likely get close to 200bhp although someone that follows the ct9 tuning side of things might correct me on that.

you dont need to change the fuel pump if budgets tight but worth thinking about certainly

The stock fpr is good for 300bhp + would only change that if your going for anything bigger than a ct9 I would go front mount short route, 255 walbro fuel pump get your boost set up when you go for a map. External wastegate is the way to go, I would do alot more research before buying anything shame plug n play is hard to find it would of done you till mapping day.

Stock fuel reg is no use if u run a fcd that's why I said to fit a reg , I would rather have a set up fcd and reg then a plug and play I've no idea y people like them so much I've seen so many run badly

Edited by mi16chris

Thanks for all the suggestions

I'll start off with a 255lph fuel pump and then take it from there. I'm not going to be racing the car or doing track days etc so from what I've read most likely will not need a fpr and/or fcd as people say they are for racing or have I got it wrong?

I can't believe no one has suggested getting a wideband lambda fitted. It allows you to see what the fuelling is doing. Without it you could be running seriously lean on boost and kill your engine.

Me personally, fuel pump, fuel pressure reg, front mount or upgraded top mount. Exhaust manifold wise I would go mild steel with external wastegate. Reason for mild steel is that it doesn't expand the same as stainless. Stainless expands at 10% of its size when hot. So a 10mm length will expand 1mm but a 100mm length with expand 10mm. Just opens the drama of cracked manifolds unless they a built properly by a reputable tuner. External hastens are So much easier and give a more controllable boost.