Plug and Play ECU's

Just a quick guide on the available Plug and Play ECU's out there for those who don't know

Firstly can i state that these ECU's are not "self Mapping" or "self learning" that is a complete Myth. People often make this mistake. They do in fact slightly adjust to the modifications you have on your car to make a bit more power depending what supporting mods you have. I've personally ran a plug and play on a completely bog standard 132bhp CT9 set-up right up to a 220bhp on a Hybrid with all supporting mods.

Supporting Mods good to run aside these plug and plays include

-Aftermarket Manifold

-De-Cat Downpipe

-Aftermarket Cat-Back exhaust System

-Front mounted Intercooler

-Air filter relocation

-Up rated Fuel Pump

-Bigger HT leads

-Adjustable actuator (Boost set at 1.1bar)

As stated its not essential to have any of these mods while running a plug and play but its recommended if you want to gain maximum power for your specific set-up. With every modification you do whilst the plug and plays installed the best thing to do is unplug your battery for a few minutes then re-connect and take your car for a drive progressing through gear to gear to let the ECU adjust to the new mods. This is why people believe they are "self learning" when in fact there not

The reason these are so popular is, even though the value of these have shot up in recent years (expect to pay between £400-£600 for one) is not only do they easily give you a lot more speed and power installing this will save you having to buy and install a

-fuel cut defender

-speed limit defender

-air/fuel controller

Plus there's no need for any rolling road set up or chopping into the wiring loom its simply Unplug the standard ECU and Plug in the up rated ECU, Hence the term Plug and Play

Benefits that come with these are:

-Removes 113mph (180kph) Speed Limiter

-Removes Fuel Cut so boost can be increased safely

-Improves Top end speed

-Increases rev limiter

-Improves Mid range Torque

-More aggressive acceleration

-Better Air/Fuel Mixture

So you can see why these have so much appeal really. Plus they can be run on a ct9 set up,, a hybrid and its even been known to power a TD04 set up quite well. Obviously many people will argue that getting a standalone ECU mapped properly on a dyno is the best way. To be honest it is. Every car and set-up is different and getting your car mapped for your specific set-up is always the most beneficial option but in my honest opinion if you want to run 1.0-1.3bar of boost on a ct9 or hybrid set up these baby's are definitely the way to go

Range of plug and plays available are the following:

Blitz Access

Blitz_access.jpg

Buddy Club Brack Box

Buddyclubbrackbox.jpg

Farina Racers

Farina_Racers.jpg

JAM Racing

Jamracingecu.jpg

KS Rom

KS_Rom.jpg

Mines

Mines.jpg

PAL Sports

PAL_Sports.jpg

Ricoh

Ricoh.jpg

SARD Analyse

SARD_analyse.jpg

TOMS TECS (Toms Engine Control System)

Toms_TECS.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha good effort Steve I was just wondering this yesterday on the various ones out there, the only reason i havent bought one really is the claims people make on them. It really is a stab in the dark on which one to buy and what performance you will get from it.

Does anyone have any before and after dynos of any of these, i havent actually seen on paper proof of the power claims from them, be nice to see, anyone got any?

Ha ha good effort Steve I was just wondering this yesterday on the various ones out there, the only reason i havent bought one really is the claims people make on them. It really is a stab in the dark on which one to buy and what performance you will get from it.

Does anyone have any before and after dynos of any of these, i havent actually seen on paper proof of the power claims from them, be nice to see, anyone got any?

You cant even go by brand Taggy.

as each ECU has a different map on it.

Or so ive heard

basically they were tuned for the Demo car(s) of the company

or for customers of the companies.

so they really do vary

On standard boost with just a filter relocation kit and Japspeed cat back i made nearly 160bhp at Monster motosport so i can bouch they give you some good added BHP

Best ones to go for if anyones interested in buying are the blitz and Jam ones. But personally id reccomend the MINES as out of all of them its claimed the mines has a slightly more aggressive map on it. As i said though its "claimed" not gospel lol

Are all the pics working? i just copied my guide straight on here didnt use photobucket so just interested to know if pics are showing up ok

@ TRISK nah dude pretty sure there all near exact copies of eachother they all have the sam map on them give or take a tiny bit

Cool, needs formatting gangster tho!

Feel free to have a play dude and send me the end result

@ TRISK nah dude pretty sure there all near exact copies of eachother they all have the sam map on them give or take a tiny bit

I thought id read a topic on a MR2 forum where they had a JAM ecu, he changed it for another one and made different power.

Unless that was just that the 2nd ecu wasnt as 'self adjusted' as the pervious one.

ill see if i can find it...

I sold my JAM ECU last Friday as i have an Emanage to fit and the boy came and fitted it to his glanza and put his stock ECU in mine for me. I went for a ride in his car after we fitted it and i couldnt believe the difference it made, his car was completely standard apart from this ECU too not even decat or uprated manifold. Was quite shocked to be honest!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Theres always been good results from these, hence why they are so popular, wouldnt have one tho especially for the kind of money they go for being a premapped ecu.

Would u run an emange with a map for someone elses set up on it?

Nah? Neither would i.

Hi all ive recently brought my ep91 got shed loads of paper work and am looking into getting a p&p ecu but was wondering if neone from the kent area with some exp could come and have a look at her sort of give me a second opinion etc im able to meet of course

Ben

good info steve, the blitz access is by far the best plug and play ecu you can get for a glanza or gt with stock turbo as this ecu was designed for the stock turbos/injestors and fpr but can also fuel hybrid ct9's.... their other plug and play ecu "k1-200v" was designed for their "k1-200v" turbo.. driven a V with this setup and it made 224bhp and was a serious setup....with the right setup a k1-200v ecu can fuel a tdo4.. weejohn ran a tdo4 on a k1-200v at 1,4bar with no problems.. most of the other plug and plays need time to run in as these ecus were designed for hybrids, jam etc etc but all these ecus can fuel a ct9, they all run off the 02 sensor just like the stock ecu so in theory, those ecus that need time to run in do learn to certain degree... i do hear nonsense about climate and how do these ecus adjust to the colder weather over here in europe compared to japan, japan has more changeable weather than we do, can be snowing one day and hot the next so i think the likes of jam, blitz etc etc knew this were they poured alot of money and man hours into making these ecus... they all still have toyota base maps, only difference is they have a more aggressive map up the revs and have the built in fcd,sld etc etc.. they all tail off like the stock ecu at about 4,500rpm but unlike the stock ecu they refuel again after further up the revs, ive seen some very nice graphs with these ecus.. im convinced that theres another base map hidden in these ecus tho cause all ive fitted and tested seem to be more economical than the stock ecu for every day driving...

good info steve, the blitz access is by far the best plug and play ecu you can get for a glanza or gt with stock turbo as this ecu was designed for the stock turbos/injestors and fpr but can also fuel hybrid ct9's.... their other plug and play ecu "k1-200v" was designed for their "k1-200v" turbo.. driven a V with this setup and it made 224bhp and was a serious setup....with the right setup a k1-200v ecu can fuel a tdo4.. weejohn ran a tdo4 on a k1-200v at 1,4bar with no problems.. most of the other plug and plays need time to run in as these ecus were designed for hybrids, jam etc etc but all these ecus can fuel a ct9, they all run off the 02 sensor just like the stock ecu so in theory, those ecus that need time to run in do learn to certain degree... i do hear nonsense about climate and how do these ecus adjust to the colder weather over here in europe compared to japan, japan has more changeable weather than we do, can be snowing one day and hot the next so i think the likes of jam, blitz etc etc knew this were they poured alot of money and man hours into making these ecus... they all still have toyota base maps, only difference is they have a more aggressive map up the revs and have the built in fcd,sld etc etc.. they all tail off like the stock ecu at about 4,500rpm but unlike the stock ecu they refuel again after further up the revs, ive seen some very nice graphs with these ecus.. im convinced that theres another base map hidden in these ecus tho cause all ive fitted and tested seem to be more economical than the stock ecu for every day driving...

The Blitz Access Ecu come as a kit along with the blitz K1 hybrid, Blitz decat, Blitz sus air filter, etc.

Theres no such thing as a k1-200v ecu!!! the k1-200v is the design of the turbo which is a ct9 but made into a hybrid.by Blitz

Just thought id put that incause people start searching for a K1-200v ecu and there no such thing!!!

It is an awesome set up though! i nearly had the full kit on my old V but could never come across a blitz K1 hybrid :( and if one did opo up for sale it was sold with in 10min of it been up for sale lol

The Blitz Access Ecu come as a kit along with the blitz K1 hybrid, Blitz decat, Blitz sus air filter, etc.

Theres no such thing as a k1-200v ecu!!! the k1-200v is the design of the turbo which is a ct9 but made into a hybrid.by Blitz

Just thought id put that incause people start searching for a K1-200v ecu and there no such thing!!!

It is an awesome set up though! i nearly had the full kit on my old V but could never come across a blitz K1 hybrid :( and if one did opo up for sale it was sold with in 10min of it been up for sale lol

blitzk12.jpg

there actually 3 types of access computer for all blitz turbo setups, the 4th one was designed to run with the stock ct9

QUOTE FROM A PDF,,,, "different ECUs have different tuning specs. blitz have off the self unit for stock standard and also thier own turbine setup. there also are instances where they custom tune for japanese customers.

by the looks of it yours probably has the standard blitz access features (speed cut / rev cut / boost cut / aggressive fuelling etc.). if you look closely at the sticker you can see next to the number 56741 got a code written in marker pen right? that would answer your question. this particular unit is tuned for a blitz k1-200v turbine setup."

Edited by corofin12345