Turbo seals going (I think)

Hi

I know this is in the wrong section but I think I may get a quicker answer here... To cut a long story short I was told that my bottom end was going literally after days of having head gasket done so I took my car to a very good friend that kindly popped his special diagnostic machine that checks cylinder leaks etc and fortunately nothing come up so the next thought is my turbo is on its way out... Is there any way of actually checking the turbo seals are gone? There is no obvious sign like oil round the turbo etc but car is smoking a lot when driven and stinks of burnt oil!

Any help will be appreciated x

Hate to say it but when I had the same problem it turned out to be piston rings, had good equal compression but had a sickly burnt oil smell and smoked a little. Not trying to worry you hopefully turns out to be a blocked breather or something simple.

Have you actually taken of the exhaust downpipe or intercooler pipe to see if there's any oil laying in there or around the turbine blades? You don't need alot of oil to leak to notice it when it burns.

Edited by jamesglanza

I'm just running ct9. Always had power issues that we could never put our finger on so I'm kind of hoping it's the turbo seals but obv don't want to replace seals and then there still be a problem. Ive just bought a house as well so it's all at the wrong time :( x

Put a video up of the smoke, mine never smoked until it was warmed up turned out to be turbo, it never smoked at a stand still though as above could also be pcv valve blocked, it's crazy how much smoke it can produce with suck a tiny oil leak.