are my pistons ok?

took these out my 4efte motor today and cleaned them up. imo they look ok but theres a few scrapes on them id like a 2nd opinion:

20150711_141403.jpg

20150711_141410.jpg

20150711_141416.jpg

20150711_141423.jpg

20150711_141428.jpg

20150711_141504.jpg

the bores look pretty sound but im going to hone them anyway:

20150711_134342.jpg

i also noticed 3 of the pistons have a '2' stamped on it and the other has '3' - why is the other one different?

They look fine to me...

The numbers that are stamped on match the width of the cylinder they came out of to take up very slight differences in diameter. That's what I think them to be anyways. Measure the Pistons and bored with some good vernier callipers before refitting to match them up. On of the votes will be slightly bigger so the 3 piston goes in that one to compensate.

I may be wrong here haha.

that 1 piston with the scratches is from dirt that got in the engine looks reusable but just check if there is no bits sticking out also them bores are very glazed and the 1 with the bad piston scratches is scratched all the way down ( cil 1 )

the nrs are stamped on the block at 12 o clock between the water ports section

good news with the pistons but not so much on the block, gave it quick hone and you can see the scratch - shall i hone futher?

20150711_172003.jpg

also now that i have removed the pistons am i ok to reuse the bearings (they have not been mixed up since removal so can put them back exactly how they are)?

yes hone further a smal bit but your going to slow down by the look of it make faster movements up and down also it looks dry honed ??? get some lube in there amigo she likes it :) :)

i was just being safe cause i hadnt removed the crank and was trying not to hit it, i used panel wipe and just lashed it whilst i was drilling. what alternatives are there?

also can i reuse the bearings already installed in the pistons and big ends? i havent mixed them up and the crank hasnt been removed??

the nr for the bearings is stamped on the rod caps write them down and go in toyo it will be 80euros plus vat +- 65£ i think

Colin helped me with my bearings I thought was a nightmare getting the right size etc, but I went into toyota and ordered them they were more expensive then acl ones just didn't like the reviews on acl saying recommended change 25,000 miles

I used oil mate I lubed everything you know every shell/bearing, crank, and inside the bore, even camshaft, the way I see it if it moves when cranking the engine on first start up it needs lubing, make sure you prime the turbo too aswell when first cranking, once oil comes out of the return hose then put it back on and start her up, (obviously have king lead off when cranking first time) others do it different ways

I used oil mate I lubed everything you know every shell/bearing, crank, and inside the bore, even camshaft, the way I see it if it moves when cranking the engine on first start up it needs lubing, make sure you prime the turbo too aswell when first cranking, once oil comes out of the return hose then put it back on and start her up, (obviously have king lead off when cranking first time) others do it different ways

makes sense :)

Maybe I'm just being anal as they say here but why are the main bearings not being changed aswell? Also just out of curiousity here how many miles has the engine done, when was the cambelt, water pump, oil pump last changed?

no sorry feeler gauges... same thing different application no??

http://sheridanmarine.com/public/assets/images/shop/stock/1275346800/feeler-gauge-metric-1275585435-l.jpg

Maybe I'm just being anal as they say here but why are the main bearings not being changed aswell? Also just out of curiousity here how many miles has the engine done, when was the cambelt, water pump, oil pump last changed?

mortgage forces budget cuts, so basically anything I don't need to replace wont be. engines on 85k (miles) and ill do cambelt but everything else will have to wait.

turbo minicooper feeler gauges wont do , u need these plastik strips that you put on the crank lobe then tighten the cap to its spec then undo it again to see how squashed the plastik has become so you can read it if its within spec with the sheet provided because those acl will al be same size not like toyota 1s that are diferent size