I always use Silkolene for all my engines, all my engines are pushed fairly hard and none have ever given up the ghost. From my experience I'd always recommend the decent Silkolene stuff! But I'm a preventative maintenance man. I always rebuild the engine way before it would normally go...cheaper that way.

But Mobil is good. Castrol are good. Depends how you drive really. If you wring its neck off then I suppose no oil is going to save it from the enivitable. But a half decent oil will do a better job.

that link i put up on the mobil 2000, that for petrol or not?

Quoting the description in the link

"An extra high performance motor oil for all types of modern vehicles including high performance and turbo charged engines. Delivers outstanding engine cleanliness and protection against wear at high temperatures and under severe operating conditions. Mobil Super S 10W/40 5L Car Engine Oil is specifically recommended for use in all high performance, turbo-charged petrol and diesel engines, as well as older normally aspirated models. Mobil Super S 10W-40 is an excellent choice for passenger cars, light trucks and vans"

• 2 weeks later...