Smell of fuel inside car

Hi,

Have a really strong smell of fuel from inside the car around the fuel pump area, have had the pump out , resealed it today and it's still the same!! Smells more after hard acceleration and it's giving me a headache (literally) lol.

Anyone had this problem before and can advise on a solution ?

It has a walbro pump fitted and is not mapped.

Any help will be appreciated

Many thanks

Mark

It doesn't seem to smell from the engine bay itself , have had a good look around the engine bay, all I can see is the fuel filter itself , by the looks of things I have no carbon canister , I'm thinking of changing the filter aswell for peace of mind,

Appreciate the replys 👍

read through previous owners posts he changed the fuel pump prior to you buying it.

the smell of fuel will be due to the pump underneath the rear seats probably needs sealing correctly most likely has spung a small leak.

did it have black thick sticky sealer type substance holding down the cover? also double check the copper connections are not weeping slightly as it takes some force to undo the things in the first place

Edited by russ78