Boost gauge readings?

I'm in the middle of fitting my mechanical boost gauge and the needle doesn't sit on 0 when the engine is not running and when running idle it's reading close to -8, here are pics to show, is this how the readings should be? It's a split fire gauge new.

DSC_0445_zpsorktyv4s.jpg

DSC_0444_zps7mcu5ij3.jpg

& I have just fitted a wepr de cat & 5zigen pro racer exhaust, my engine management light flickered on after fitting so this is why I'm fitting a boost gauge to try and see what's happening.

But when I gave it a blast up the road today though it was fine & got a reading of 0.7 bar.

Edited by mart1

NEVER buy cheap guages lol

if you want a mechanical 52mm boost guage only ever buy a racetech or similar quality. £65

always returned to zero perfectly and was as acurate as a digital boost gauge !!

lesson learnt

11027502_463109157178704_255342964703955

Edited by mikey4410

exactly that ^ so important to have the best gauges and keep an eye on things at all times

on a starlet u NEED an afr guage( check periodically say once a month as the lambdas hate richness and die quite quick) and a DECENT boost gauge.

wouldnt ever have a starlet without these as they are insurance and a safe guard.

Yeah I have messaged the seller I'm not happy with the gauge & sent pics, splitfire are cheap £25 but suppose to be good gauge:-(

When I get my money back racetech it will be :-)