how much can be pulled out from behind dash

What's your goal? Seriously, if you are going to build a track car, how ready are you as removing the heating etc changes everything

Does it? I've taken everything out minus the loom and it still looks and works fine. Only thing I've had to buy separately is a race heater so I can demist the windows.

B01FDE14-73E7-49CE-B423-35CFF6D9523C.jpg

4B02134D-6AB2-4DAA-8E2D-BCC998D88FD3.jpg

Think il do this in a while . Hard done ?

You loosin the bar goin from one side to the other ? Much weight in the stuff you can take out ?

Not hard at all, just nuts, bolts and screws.

The dash support bar is attached to the loom, it has to come out to take the heater box out.

Never weighed it all tbh.

Gotta agree with the rest of the guys its only really viable if its either an all out track car or only for summer use.

I stripped the lot out in my 85 aswell, its not a daily anyway so makes no difference.

Does it? I've taken everything out minus the loom and it still looks and works fine. Only thing I've had to buy separately is a race heater so I can demist the windows.

B01FDE14-73E7-49CE-B423-35CFF6D9523C.jpg

I imagine you would lose more weight just taking the passenger seat out?

Lots..

1509236_10152237849789714_1756827422_n.j

I don't have a picture of it all built back up, but apart from the clocks and other necessary bits and pieces there is very little up behind the dashboard, I removed any parts of the wiring loom I didn't need as well.

1948214_10152308077094714_1078486585_n.j

1899882_10152308077334714_1740147793_n.j

Loom back in, and the car running I think here

1904226_10152325124534714_1413482234_n.j

BUT, mine isn't a road car, and in my ownership it never will be. Think hard before removing heater matrix's and what not on a road car, it can get fecking cold in winter without one!

I imagine you would lose more weight just taking the passenger seat out?

Yeah but I like company :)

Nice that's basically wat I want to do . Wat race heater you get ? Was it expensive ?

Only around 60 quid, look on JJC race and rally at heater matrix's

Absolutely ruins a car. Pointless in saving 10-15kgs. Will make it practically undriveable on anything other than a warm dry day. Noisey, rattley, cold, damp and pretty much secures the future of your car as a breaker.

This was my point, unless you are serious about making it a proper track car like bussey etc and have a separate heater and then go all out on a build id concentrate on brakes and suspension first as they are what makes a fast track car.

Unless you hav already done this of course lol

What's the specs of the car mate