know any thing about a v8 landy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANDROVER-90-COUNTY-V8-LPG-/171899241671?hash=item2805fe44c7 HI people I would like to see if there is anyone on here who has had one or no any thing about them been looking at some and i came across this one which i quite like had a bit of money spent on it at some point there is a tiny bit of damage on drivers side rear quarter apart from that all looks good i would like to see what you starlet people think and price wise haven't been to see it yet but he said £5500 would take it what yous reckon

The 3.5 V8 is a good solid engine the main issue they have is oil pressure when they get warm and they do run warm! A good oil is a must, I've been playing/ building these since before I left school and I still have mine but its not seen the road in 15 years lol you need DEEP pockets for fuel not too bad as its on gas but there still not cheep to run, they dont like a lot of water too. The efi engine is a better bet as you can megga squirt them and make them all but water proof. Just be careful because there is LOTS of bent land rovers out there!

looks not bad. see its been changed to range rover classic axles. make sure the bulkhead and chassis aint rotten and check chassis numbers tally with v5. sound awsome, but 9/10 there only v5's / 7 3/4's lol. getting old engines now and suffer from worn camshafts. a good v8 has a crisp note and will go like stink, worn out 1's are noticeably flat and lazy.

If it's been gas converted watch out. As rob said these engines do run warm and on gas they run even hotter. I've known of a few that have done the headgaskets in due to being on gas and running pretty hot.

3.5 v8 is indestruable, only weakness is if your crossing fords etc it in, but even then that can be solved by a silicone glove filled with Vaseline then cable tied over the dizzy.

Always gonna be juicy, obviously will be better if it's on a newer LPG system. Old mans had loads for work and play. LPG on a run see's about the equivalent to 28mpg

I've seen these engines first hand, abused to death, and running mint on well over 200,000 miles