Engine rebuild guide wanted

Torques are in the wiki section as for guides in my opinion and i'm not being patronising but if your not confident rebuilding an engine then I wouldn't advise that you do it.

Its not the kind of thing you use to hone your mechanical skills.

Of course it's the kind of thing you hone your skills with how else are you going to learn if your not a qualified mechanic. If everyone had that attitude there wouldn't be any home built projects. it's a great way to learn about how things work hands on is best. If something goes wrong at least you'll know and learn from that mistake. They are a pretty basic engine too so pretty good to start out with.

There is a great guide on YouTube a Greek dude made years ago not sure if it's still there.

My mates helping me and he's a qualified mechanic so rebuilt a few engines but i wanted to have s read through a guide so I'm more useful and can read any tips people give

My car sees a garage once s year and that's for MOT the rest I do myself with help from a few mates

Of course it's the kind of thing you hone your skills with how else are you going to learn if your not a qualified mechanic. If everyone had that attitude there wouldn't be any home built projects. it's a great way to learn about how things work hands on is best. If something goes wrong at least you'll know and learn from that mistake. They are a pretty basic engine too so pretty good to start out with.

There is a great guide on YouTube a Greek dude made years ago not sure if it's still there.

make sure you have spares and spare money because u probly fuck up trust me i know what im talking about

dou you have al the pro tools to measure it propperly ???

if you get stuck pm me

make sure you have spares and spare money because u probly fuck up trust me i know what im talking about

if you get stuck pm me

Exactly what I meant when I said you dont use this sort of thing to hone your skills. Obviously I wasn't aware that you would have a mechanic helping you that changes things but if your doing a whole engine its not the sort of thing you do for practice. An incorrectly built bottom end can be catastrophic would be an expensive expensive lesson.

As said take your time get someone to help you and use the correct tools for the job. All the best with it.

if you get stuck pm me

Got access to all tools :)

And got money spare incase I come across any problems

And cheers mate hopefully won't have to many issues

I'm no mechanic by any measure but i intend on building my own engine at some point over the next few months. got everything i need apart from a bearing set as i don't know if the crank will require regrinding or not- need to get the block head and crank off to machine shop when i have the time...

if you get stuck pm me

This I absolutely agree with 100% colin certainly knows his stuff, when I was in the prosess of rebuilding mine Colin helped me so much, the amount of information he was telling me and how to get it right, gave me a headache in the end hahaha but that's a compliment mate as there is a lot as you know to take in, but his spot on with what he knows it's as simple as that :-) top bloke too