Car not turning over

Right lads/lasses

I took my battery off the car whilst i stripped the inter cooler and radiator off to have things fitted and new brackets welded on and generally perform some maintenance on it.

After doing all i needed to i then put her back together everything if back how it was. and everything works lights etcs but wont start initial thought battery.

Checked Battery, even tried my mates battery from his glanza still nothing

Checked all fuses in side and engine bay

Checked earth

Checked diagnostics - no faults on the ECU

Jumped in diagnostic port fuel pump that works

Checked king lead, ignite

Ignition turns on and everything is as it should be then final turn and nothing happens not a sound

My thoughts are

- immobilizer - unlikely

- starter relay

- efi relay

Anyone got any ideas before i start spending more money?

Peter

if your battery is fine you can try to check if your starter motor still works by shortly connecting a 12v+ to the starter. if it turns you know that the starter is fine.

if the starter is fine you have to check your starter relay. because you can't start working diagnostics on the fuel system if the car isn't cranking.

good luck trouble shooting.

This happened to me once turned out after fiddling with a few things round the back of the block I some how caught the small plug on the started n pulled it out. It was as simple as plugging it back in. I hope you get it running dude.

Check the wires to the starter, the signal wire has come off/been damaged maybe? had this on one of mine

Cheers Charlotte, i will check them, shouldnt of, as i havent been in that area but strainger things have happened 😁

I was assuming this. If you were doing the intercooler, battery and rad I cant imagine there will be any problems in that area.

Have you checked the earths are all back on 100%?

Does the car have an alarm fitted with an immobilizer?

When you turn the key past ignition to engage the starter is there no noises at all? Does the dash flicker at all?

Where were you having brackets welded and did you change anything in relation to the I/C piping that something could be shorting out on?

Hi stu, i had new brackets put on the ic as they had snapped. Put a fan shroud on the rad, i will put a vid up tonight of the if ignition, i do have an autowatch alarm fittes but it all works as the imobiliser functions on and off allows all ignition lights on.

When i turn to start all lights go out except eml , no sound etc i think its the starter relay will try a friends working ine on saturday.

Edited by Broony

Make sure the terminals are clean that connect the battery up to the car. If dirty they will need a clean. And clamp them on properly.

As you're aware the starter motor requires considerable amounts of juice to get it going, if it struggles drawing the power then it simply won't turn over.

I've had this on my car when I was working on it, and more recently my mates evo. So it's an easy fix that's worth while checking.

Well little update car runs!!!!!

Changed all fuses and relays. Still does start off the key but it does bump start

C0B0AD13-0AD4-4568-8EC0-6F0874FDD93A_zps

So must be starter motor??? Never had one just stop on me but nothing suprised me with this car any more

Use a multimeter and check that the trigger wire (single pin plug on the starter solenoid) gets 12v when your key is on start.

Assuming its manual? As in an Auto there is a neutral start switch cut out if your not in park/neutral.

Ah ok, ignore the NSW then. You chould be getting 12v on the starter trigger when the key is on start. If not then check the main fuses. The start trigger feeds from the ignition barrel so you could also check voltage there. Usually a big black wire with white line.

Exactly what stu said. Check the trigger wire in the starter- get someone to turn the key to start while you test it with a multimeter. Just be careful around the power for the starter (you'll be fine I just panic with stuff like one day there will be a dead short and it will go up in flames). If you don't have 12v at the end of the wire trace it back.

Right i have taken the starter of and tested both the solenoid and the starter it self both actions are working fine.

Stu im running an autowatch alarm system but the imobiliser on it works i.e disengauges as the car wouldnt bump start if it didnt.

Next step is as you say get a multi meter on the trigger circuit

getting annoying now haha

Yeah it just sounds like the starter trigger isn't getting 12v so either the alarm is stopping it or there is another issue. Check at the starter end first. You can also check for power at the dash loom to engine loom plug under the dash.