i need sum info on 6 speed gear boxes. i am thinking of getting one for my conversion but i want sum - and + first

info on how thy preform and fitting? an not that fust bout economy more on acceleration etc, also will thy be OK on a 4EFTE?

+ none....maybe the Kudos of having a 6 speed

+ if you use one out of an LSD Equipped Levin, it'll have a Helical LSD, ftw

- it's got shorter ratios, you'll need to change gear more

- it's got a shorter top-end, decreasing top-speed

- economic cruising ability is just as bad if not worse than the Starlets (i.e. revs at 70mph)

- known to have the bearings wear out quick, but that could just be netspert rumours

- could be weaker than the equivalent Starlet gearboxes

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the 5 speeed box's top speed asuming you have the power to get there? On a private road i can easily get mine to 130 but i bottle it any faster, theres still more to go.

the stock gearbox will stock redline at 146 mph, assuming you have the HP to get there.

and for a turbo car you want longer gears. youve got the torque to manage it, and on a track youll go faster staying in a longer gear than shifting up and down alot. shifting = time off throttle.

motorway cruising youll be doing about 4,000 rpm just to keep up with traffic.

if you were staying NA id say go for it as it could be fun, but youre going turbo, and you want the length in the gears.

the stock gearbox will stock redline at 146 mph, assuming you have the HP to get there.

and for a turbo car you want longer gears. youve got the torque to manage it, and on a track youll go faster staying in a longer gear than shifting up and down alot. shifting = time off throttle.

motorway cruising youll be doing about 4,000 rpm just to keep up with traffic.

if you were staying NA id say go for it as it could be fun, but youre going turbo, and you want the length in the gears.

lol i was thinking this the other day thanks bud, i think am in the market for a 5speed box then if there is one going give me a shout, + if it has a diff