EMB Questions

Have any of you accessed your EMB using GReddy software?

Had my car mapped last year, but would like to tweak the additional injector map to use for boost control.

I have a cable, and the software installed on my laptop, BUT am cautious about connecting it to my EMB in case something goes wrong and resets or wipes the bloody thing.

Are there any steps I need to follow so the above doesn't happen?

Cheers

No boost controller, I have a 3 port solenoid and have it all wired up. Not much time was spent on boost control due to the wastegate giving me the desired level of boost during mapping, I now want to run lower wastegate pressure and add boost control.

Using the additional injector map should allow me to adjust duty cycle by RPM, obviously this is much more desirable than using the wastegate solely, or running a boost controller.

I just don't want to mess up what's already there! I might pop in and see Will @ RDT who mapped it to ask for some advice.

Just to be clear, I'm not looking to increase boost levels, I want to run the same, but have better control over it. Bleeding boost away from the wastegate should increase response, which is my aim here.

Edited by TimD

I would say your best off using an Apexi AVC-R. As the E-Manage Blue is a very basic ecu tbh...

Allowing you options like pre-set profiles and boost by gear.

Depending upon the track and conditions.

But yeh, talk to your tuner, he will want to do it his way....

I know that seems to be the norm, but there's no reason why using the EMB's additional injector map shouldn't work.

I'd like to at the very least try it before spending £300 on something I might not need..

I know that seems to be the norm, but there's no reason why using the EMB's additional injector map shouldn't work.

I'd like to at the very least try it before spending £300 on something I might not need..

True. However. You'll be spending money on mapping time to give you a choice of maps to swap out for different environments. Then a laptop link up every time to change it. Instead of on the fly..

I could take boost in or out of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. In seconds. Depending on what tyres I had and what surface I was on! In Car, Without Stopping, Without a Laptop.

Food for Thought. :thumbsup:

I understand what you're saying, but once I've spent the time setting it up it's unlikely I'll need to change it very often. The car only gets driven half a dozen times a year!

We'll see, I'll make up the cable tonight and see what happens, what could possibly go wrong?

Edited by TimD

hey timD...there's a member on ttgt who i KNOW uses emu to control boost via a 3 port solenoid

drop him a PM---Guye

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/member.php?440-Guye

if you do, let me know,,,i can tell him to look for it as he is not on ukso as far as i'm aware

he can give you all the advice you need

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?108280-Boost-solenoid-Hi-lo-wiring&p=1147257#post1147257

Edited by gorganl2000

Cheers, we had it working, but because I'd not set the actuator correctly it wasn't much use.

I've done some reading this afternoon which suggests I shouldn't have a problem with connecting my laptop to the EMB, so we'll see how I get on.