ive got a defi RPM gauge. its lush.

ive got it wired into the RPM signal on the ecu and for some reason its saying im doing like 3 times the revs i actually am.

ie 2k rpm = 6k on the defi.

i know some of you NA boys have wired these up in your motors. and im wondering if there is another place to pick up the signal that might make it work?

its all wired in correctly. the CU2 is registered as a 4 cyl engine.

its just not working properly.

any helps would be nice, wiring is ftl.

another place to pick the signal up is from the diagnostics box in the top right of the bay. place the wire in the ig-

bit of a bodge way of doing it but it has worked for me in the past, if you still get an incorrect reading from here then i have no idea whats going off mate.

If youve taken a feed from the RPM signal wire on youre loom, that should do the trick bud ?

Is it definately a good connection? and wrapped properly?

Keirs's method is a good way to check if youre getting the proper reading..

Is the gauge wired direct into the loom wire? or have you connected the control unit up to the rpm signal ?

although pretending its revving to 11k is ubes ^^

Superbike stylee! :p just keep it fitted and amaze the passangers in ya car, just keep the music turned up so they cant hear the engine ;)

Nah seriously, if youve taken the feed from the ecu rpm signal then it should be fine..Cant you reset the control unit and try and try setting it as a 4 cylinder again?

If it still dont work...throw it in the nearest river