CT12 hybrid better than a Tongs CT9 hybrid?

I know it's probably an age old question but does anyone actually have any proof of which is better, I currently have a Tongs @ 1bar just wondering if it's worth swapping seen as I already the manifold/decat and everything already on

TD04 is not an option at this time!

I'm about to fit a Tongs ct9, Zisco mani and Jam ECU, am I gonna need mapping?

The best thing you can do is go emb on that set up I had a sleepless week choosing over a plug n play I love them but wouldn't change from emb now :)

Im not forged Andy so when set my ct9b up with a jam fcd and sard fpr we were aiming for 11.5afr at wot, was making 11.3-11.8 on the wideband when on full throttle.

Hope so mate. We'll soon see!

I look forward to seeing what you make!

Bit late coming to this party but heres what I discovered basically the ct12 offers nothing over the ct9 possibly a bit more torque low down.

A ct9 hybrid will give you better results in comparison to a ct12 of course if the ct12 is a hybrid then I couldn't confirm but there's not many about and they are expensive to make.

Basically all in all unless you have a ct12 hybrid in your possesion then don't bother just get a Tongs hybrid and go with that or use a TD04.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?70803-CT9-vs-CT12-on-a-stock-4EFTE-for-1-8-and-1-4

Bit late coming to this party but heres what I discovered basically the ct12 offers nothing over the ct9 possibly a bit more torque low down.

A ct9 hybrid will give you better results in comparison to a ct12 of course if the ct12 is a hybrid then I couldn't confirm but there's not many about and they are expensive to make.

Basically all in all unless you have a ct12 hybrid in your possesion then don't bother just get a Tongs hybrid and go with that or use a TD04.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?70803-CT9-vs-CT12-on-a-stock-4EFTE-for-1-8-and-1-4

having had both I'd say that's rubbish tbh I've just went from a ct12 back to a ct9 and it's a completely different kettle of fish I'd say a standard ct12 is easily on par if not better than a ct9 hybrid I've never had a ct12 hybrid so can't really comment on that

Find a blitz k1 ct9 inlet ct12 outlet it's better than both because it is best of both :D

Andy if your running plug n play stay ct9 it's what there made for running them on TD04/ct12 is pot luck emb is guarantee correct fueling for the gains to change over it won't be worth the time or risk imo gents

Im just gonna bite the bullet and find out for myself tbh. Im in no rush with the car so im happy enough to try various setups, and since im not chasing peak figures, driveability will be a major factor. Crispyeels dyno did look promising though,224hp at a bar sure thats td04 territory.