AUTO radiator removal

Removed rad for fitting of decat today.

Used a guide for manual radiator removal and the auto has transmission lines into radiator.

I took them off and plugged them quickly so didn't loose much fluid but I'm paranoid that I may have got air in transmission. Will this ruin my autobox

I've got another similar thread about half rads and moving auto transmission to a separate rad.

Any help appreciated

Shud of bought a manual :( lol

• 5 months later...

You can do it all without removing the rad. You shouldnt have removed it to do the decat.

Take off the 6 mani bolts, then unbolt the decat from the exhaust then a few more little brackets and connections and the whole turbo kit will lift out, doesnt take long at all.

As for your autobox it will have a bleeding system in place just top up the fluid.

For taking mani and all of def easier to take rad out, I tried to keep it in but gave up and was so much easier without it.

As for decat, you don't need to remove it. I cut a spanner in half to get in easier and it worked a treat