rich idle

Hi, the aem jauge in the car says 10.5 at idle and Im tryin to source the problem . Intake air temperature sensor, coolant sensor are new and the power supply is 4,90V With ignition on for these sensors.02 sensor is New. Stock fuel system and injectors. Zisco intake mani.td04 turbo With ext wastegate.

The problem was already there before installing zisco intake mani and the sensor has been changed With no success.

What can cause this rich idle? Can it be a faulty aem wideband? And also the car doesnt smell fuel.

Thanks

On a cold start you will hit the 10's then it will slowly lean out to 14.3-9 when fully warm.

The car would stink of petrol if the afr was 10 when warm.

Does the afr not change when your driving? If not you might reqiure a new AEM o2 sensor (bosch)

I think there is a way of testing the aem sensor. Expose to air and it will go 20 or blanks, put in a petrol soaked cloth and it should go to 10.

Edited by 5T4R7ET N/A

When off boost what does the aem wideband say then you should have the --- reading that's when you take your foot completely of the acceleration pedal, how was it fitted 36-38inches away from turbo and the sensor tilted up think it's 10 degrees in the centre pipe

I used to get 13,7 afr on cold start then 15 when warm. Now I dont use cold start. And all the pipes off the throttle body are blocked off. The idle screw is tightened maximum.

I checked the tps and it works good. So on idle I have 10,5 and around 15 when crusing. I ll tell you what is the afr when on boost.

My friend says its normal côz I changed parts like turbo intercooler air filer etc, and that I can correct it With my emanage ultimate. I m a bit confused and dont know if its normal or not.

I checked continuity of the tps and it Is good I think. Middle and bottom pin With 0,5mm feeler thers is continuity, and With 0,7mm no continuity. Afr are between 10,5 and 11. Warm or cold. I dont have cold start. The pipes off the throttle body are blocked off.

injector stuck open ?? listen to them with a metal rod on the injector and other end on your ear with engine running they should al sound the same

and rip out your plugs fire up a pic of them 1 will be discolored ( i hope )

maybie map sensor faulty / stuck map might be seeing boost while in vacuum so over feuling

Edited by 5e colin

Hi colin what your sayin is touching each injector With a metal bar and see if i hear them clicking ?

And as for the plugs ône should be different due to petrol?

Edited by nano

Hi colin what your sayin is touching each injector With a metal bar and see if i hear them clicking ?

And as for the plugs ône should be different due to petrol?

yes

And what if I removed fuel rail With injectors and turn ignition on and see if ône is open?

no injectors will pop out deu to pressure

but if you made a flat piece bar with 4 holes in to seat the injectors so you can bolt the feul rail to the plate/bar then it will work you will need 4 ml/cl cups to see

Hi mate, How to put pics up? I ll show you the plugs. Both 02 sensors are well screwed now, no change.

I Just turned ignition on after 2hours the car sat the jauge does not dysplay the --- but 17. I remembered i did that before and I could see the --- Just after 5 minutes.

Around 300 km, normal driving,because I put a new metal headgasket oem thickness by zisco and new coolant.

And if your asking why I put New hg, its because I installed new seal valves and I wanted to check if everything is in good condition.

Yeah I said I have stock fuel system,the fuel pump is actually walbro which was installed à long With the engine 3 or 4 years ago.

Edited by nano

Hi all, I checked wires on ecu, earth etc. Its perfect I have 15 at idle.

However even With no ignition on, there is low Light on the lamps, a very very Light Light. Means thats the lamps are getting low voltage. Is this due to ground cable on the batery?