😝

That's something you never get bored of! 2/3 years on since they've been released and you still have to rev them like a little kid when you bring it in the workshop lol

http://vid1321.photobucket.com/albums/u544/scoobysvx/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.4F04FF5E-53C2-4BE8-A50D-DBCB0ED07948_zpslo0n7lis.mp4

Edited by Scoobysvx
  • 1 month later...

Yeh buddy your right... On the exotic ones its generally servicing, brakes & checks as there trade ins and MOTs on the older ones.

F types however mostly suffer with electrical issues, bar a few mechanical problems, faulty water pumps and a few engine failures there great cars! Time will tell though as I'm yet to see one with more than 30k on the clock!

Plug change every other service sucks though 👎

• 2 weeks later...

The f-types sound nice thats about it IMO, I've driven a couple and the build is shocking on them unfortunately. Some nice motors there. Guessing your a tech at a Jag/Aston group?

Edited by RobSR

The f-types sound nice thats about it IMO, I've driven a couple and the build is shocking on them unfortunately. Some nice motors there. Guessing your a tech at a Jag/Aston group?

I'd agree with you the build quality has dropped compared to the xkr masively mainly on the gauge of the ally used on the body and plastic trims but I wouldn't go so far as to say there shocking! Imo the drive of the f types pisses over any Audi, merc equivalent that I've driven especially the gearbox. F type ones are flawless compared to the competition!

But they have gained the cheap 'plastic' feel which I imagine is what your relating to.

Yeh I'm a tech here

Edited by Scoobysvx

I'd agree with you the build quality has dropped compared to the xkr masively mainly on the gauge of the ally used on the body and plastic trims but I wouldn't go so far as to say there shocking! Imo the drive of the f types pisses over any Audi, merc equivalent that I've driven especially the gearbox. F type ones are flawless compared to the competition!

But they have gained the cheap 'plastic' feel which I imagine is what your relating to.

Yeh I'm a tech here

What Audi would you compare it too? New R8? If so, and you've driven both - the New R8 lunches it, especially the gearbox. The thing that does let the new car down however is the steering feel.. Even the old cars gearbox is quicker! (S-tron granted not the old old R-tronic's, they were awful)

Edited by RobSR

I can't comment on the latest one as I'm yet to drive one but compared to a 4.2 14my and earlier ones I've driven I much prefer the f type, awd f types launch extremely well! Obviously rwd not so much 😂

Different ball game comparing new to new though as the r8 is 50k+ over an awd f type

Yes old V8's weren't great, diffs chaffed quite badly too, only 80% TB opening due to emissions etc. V10's are different ball games :)

R8 launch is average, initially its not great but when it sorts itself out its not bad. Ive got a video of me launching one some where on an old phone, should dig it out.

Edited by RobSR
  • 1 month later...