1.3 na 4efe owner, hello all

Hi all,

Im Murray from the Scottish borders

I have a sportif which im working on to get through an mot but have some long term ideas for it.

Looking for information for the best upgrades to start with :)

Any info would be much appreciated

Welcome to the site!

In terms of power, there isn't a right lot you can do with the 4E-FE N/A engine. One of the best mods is to source an inlet manifold from the 'bugeye' Corolla that also utilised a 4E-FE; these can net an increase of around 10hp. Other than that, there is also a certain exhaust manifold that can be used that has a 4-2-1 branch design, but I'm not sure what car that came from, as well as changing the exhaust system for a custom freer flowing system.

Handling is where you can really concentrate with the N/A Starlet, with most, if not all handling mods that are available for the turbo Glanza, as these are a direct fit (coilovers, shocks/springs, braces, bushes etc). As far as I know, you can also convert the rear brakes from drums to discs by using a rear beam from a Glanza as well, although that could possibly be going too far if you're not tracking it etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...