oil pump seizing ?

So with everything going smooth my oil pump broke.

Engine was re-built with a new one fitted, after 350 km of running in the motor oil pressure kept dropping and coming back .a knocking around from the oil pump pulley side was making noise .belt came off the pulley .

2nd genuine pump fitted , belt put back in place .sump dropped .checked for filings nothing everything clean .oil was perfect. Fired it up and within 2 mins of running 2nd oil pump siezed.

Now I'm lost as to what's causing this .?

Any input would be highly appreciated .

Faiyaz.

sounds like you didnt clean the whole internal block there where probably metal debri i the oil channels

or you really over tightened the belt ??? ( don't think so )

other possibility is you starved the pump from oil on first start up and where running a tat without oil circulation until it pressurised ( blocked pick up ) ?

Edited by 5e colin

As said the 1st pump was working fine for 350km before showing signs of the oil pressure dropping .the oil and oil filter changed thrice in those 350km .

When dropped the sump. No signs of any filings or debris. But I can believe the internal block maybe was not cleaned up.

What would be the next step to do? Fit another oil pump and pull out the plugs and try cranking to prime?

Edited by Faiyaz.123

if it was mine i would say strip to bits every nut and bolt start cleaning clean the oil gallerys oil relieve everything pick up etc etc etc inspect bearings the lot

very big chance you fit new pump without cleaning it that it will fail again

Thanks bud lemme see when the next pump arrives maybe just pull out plugs and crank it and see if it's building pressure or something ,if that doesn't work will strip it down .the joys of modifying.

The oil pump is driven by the timing belt!

Yeah check the oil pick up is not blocked, there is also a rubber ring seal which where the oil pick up bolts down onto the block, if this has broke or disturbed the engine will struggle to build oil pressure.

• 2 weeks later...

Little tip for you, pack the oil pump with Vaseline (petroleum jelly) this will protect the pump until oil can lubericate it. Also as mentioned above, check for the o ring on the oil pick up to the block. Use a little petroleum jelly or oil on the o ring to allow it to slide in. Also is your oil pressure correct? Oil warning light going out? Has the pressure relief been clogged with debris?

Honestly I've lost interest for now .the car is still by the mech .I'm suppose to collect it from them .the bottom end was built by another guy .so unsure of how it was tightened .but 2 oil pumps seizing and breaking so far so I'm doubting about tightening. So when the car is back my buddy alain will have a look at as mentioned above ...kills the mood when things like this happen

Honestly I've lost interest for now .the car is still by the mech .I'm suppose to collect it from them .the bottom end was built by another guy .so unsure of how it was tightened .but 2 oil pumps seizing and breaking so far so I'm doubting about tightening. So when the car is back my buddy alain will have a look at as mentioned above ...kills the mood when things like this happen

if al fails or it cost to much for you over there to fix the current engine / you could source a 4efe ( for now ) and bolt the turbo stuff to that to get her on the road again

over here the 4efe ( NA ) engines cost 100/150euros for a good 1 so cheap option to get back on the road