As Some of you may know i have a completely standard glanza v but i want some more power now so im shortly going to be moding the engine for more power but where exactly should i start?? i know exhaust and induction with a remap is the usual starting point but full systems are well expensive and to be honest my funds are low as it is B) . any advise on mods that will give a good increase in power but not leave my wallet empty? any help is much appreiciated cheers starlybruiser <_<

If youre on a tight budget, its best not to try and modify one.Tuning on a budget normally ends up with unhappy faces, and lots of swearing like, "f#cking fuel cut defender pile of w#nk" <_<

4efte exhaust systems are very restrictive.So you will want to dump the original system and get a FULL performance system.

No point just changing the back box because it looks proper bo, when you have the rest of the system the size of a maccyd's straw.

Next thing would probably be air filter, which i would personally suggest an uprated panel filter inside the original box running the oem air feed, or an open filter like an apexi/power enterprise relocated..

And an uprated adjustable actuator.That will give you more stable boost with out dropping off or spiking like the oem ones do due to age and wear.

Then before anything else, i would seriously think about the handling/braking side of things.Starlets arent amazing in either departments.So before you go hammering it, you should be able to come to a stop and with out rolling the thing.

DONT just fit a fcd and thwack the boost up.

If you cant afford to tune it, then leave it standard or keep saving untill you can do it properly.

Craig.

yeah, its that bad....

first thing you need to do is get some good discs and pads and some braided lines (i have some ZEP Racing ones for sale ^^)

then once youve doen that.

get some decent shocks and springs/coilovers, and then get an anti roll bar.

then...

get a boost gauge.

then...

open the bonnet :(