mr2 turbo Gearbox

Has anybody tried using these I heard they will take 500hp. Im hoping my car should be finished in a few weeks I should be seeing over 400hp I cant see me being able to keep a gearbox in it more than an hr i'd say seeing as I havent driven the car in four years.

If anyone has done it how hard is it to get in there and rough cost of switching it over?

Cheers

Graham

• 1 month later...

I've stuck one of these in the front of a celica with the 3SGTE out of a GT4 for a mates track car (350 through the front wheels) boxes are really rated and you see some really high power MR2 turbos, comes with a diff as standard if you get a late rev2/rev3 box. Cant see it being an easy conversion as the box is far bigger than the C52

E153 Gen3 oem LSD in my tuned MR2 3S-GTE SW20 turbo, can't say anything bad about that gearbox, it's very badass, all what You ever need :) Same gearbox used in 4A-GZE AW11 MR2 and E9/10 Corollas, with different clutch housing and gear selector systems.

Very heavy box and needs also shafts to fit, wheel hubs maybe etc. Clutch is 240mm, so need also custom flywheel erc. Not easy job and very expensive if trying to buy parts separately. Easier is to buy halfcut or full car and put 3S-GTE inside.

And it really weights maybe douple or more compared to C-series transmission, kills Starlets idea. With adapter plate You can put it, but all custom parts needed, so hard even in N/A MR2 with S54 gearbox.

My MR2 heart...

Kone2_zpsbgmjpplb.jpg