Daily Driver GT's

Hi Guys,

Currently driving a Paseo Si and was wondering if you were up to the task of convincing me to have a Starlet GT?

After a bit of searching it seems I get roughly the same economy from my 5EFE as most of you 4EFTE owners! (260-270 miles per tank)

And the insurance isn't too much more than my Seo considering my age!

How many of you have them as daily drivers, and do you think they'd be ok for 16,000 miles a year?

I would think so being Toyota but you guys will be able to tell me...

Thank-you-please. :)

well mines had a fair bit done to it and i drive it to derby and back from leicester all week and love it.

Awesome, i'm from Leicester too and will be driving to Lutterworth everyday, but I'm addicted to driving anyway, I think i would be even more so in a Starlet GT!

hey mate, dont think it should be too hard to convince you lol,

have you ever had a shot of one?

i cover 36,ooo+ miles a year and past eps stood up to the abuse well and i can say thats a good test alone of how reliable the cars are.

where as some french and domestic cars would not stand up too well from previous experience,

ps the autos make suprising grand tourers with a bit of extra boost behind them :)

Yeah mate, the amin thing is if you treat the GT right it will be return the favour. Just keep it serviced and so on and i think youll be ok.

Mine used to be a daily driver it was good, felt enjoyable every morning and evening too.

Yeah mate, the amin thing is if you treat the GT right it will be return the favour. Just keep it serviced and so on and i think youll be ok.

Mine used to be a daily driver it was good, felt enjoyable every morning and evening too.

i do a 60 mile daily commute in mine, roughly near enough 20000 miles a year, just make sure you keep on top of maintanance and you should be fine.

I've covered 22,500 miles in my paseo all trouble free *touch wood*

I've had a look at a few different cars, but I cant seem to look past these!

Reckon I can pick a decent one up for £2500 ish ?

economy can be good if you can keep your foot off the loud pedal.

as far as daily drivers go, i use my everyday and its been good to me, they can suffer with niggling problems if you start tinkering with the boost etc but i guess its the same with anything really.

How'd you manage that?

I got nearly 400 miles to a tank in my Paseo

Really! :)

The most i've ever seen is 300 miles to a tank, but I do a lot of short trips.

My average is around 270 miles currently.

If I keep it below 3000rpm it'll do more.

I drove to Weymouth in it once and it got 45MPG - most ive ever seen.

if you keep out of boost the mpg improves quite a bit if the cars pretty much standard.

i went to Southampton to pick up my black racing 14's and managed to use a 1/4 of a tank in the first 45 miles giving it a bit of stick, and then i got 250 miles out of the next quarter of a tank by keeping it under 2500rpm.

but the temptation is too much sometimes! :)

if you keep out of boost the mpg improves quite a bit if the cars pretty much standard.

i went to Southampton to pick up my black racing 14's and managed to use a 1/4 of a tank in the first 45 miles giving it a bit of stick, and then i got 250 miles out of the next quarter of a tank by keeping it under 2500rpm.

but the temptation is too much sometimes! :)

Thats awesome! Yeah I had no idea they were so economical, does the ability to switch high/low boost have much effect?