VIDEO ADDEDGlanza spluttering / missing whilst starting to boost

Hi just put a new engine in my starlet and as soon as it starts to come on boost it spluttere like mad and pop and bang, it's overfilling like mad and black smoking , done a diagnostic and it says coolant circuit incomplete and map sensor circuit, any help would be great :)

Edited by dangeestarlet

Ok thanks , it's got a hks actuator and the vacum is looped onto turbo ? Is that right? And the only other vaccum I got is map sensor to inlet, il check ecu tommorow , the only thing I can think off is I ain't got no temp sensors plugged in as the engine I had was a 98 spec and mines a 96 with different plugs

Ok thanks , it's got a hks actuator and the vacum is looped onto turbo ? Is that right? And the only other vaccum I got is map sensor to inlet, il check ecu tommorow , the only thing I can think off is I ain't got no temp sensors plugged in as the engine I had was a 98 spec and mines a 96 with different plugs

A typical question would be what are ure afrs ? And the typical answer is I havent got a afr gauge.

This would tell you an awful lot, but on a serious note that looks like you have anti lag and looks sick.prob not doin car to much good though.

hiya, im no glanza expert in any case, but i am technician working at VW/audi.

to break it down step by step.

engine fueling is done by the ecu what needs to following sensors to do a correct engine cycle.

-cranck pos sensor

-engine rpm

-air amount/ air temp

-cooling temp

-trothle pos

-lambda sensor

-knock sensor

if any of those sensor gives a faulty ready the ecu will adapt to that false reading.

after diagnostics you tell us that you have 2 faults: Map sensor and coolant temp.

the coolant temp sensor gives a signal to the ecu that your engine is warm or not. this means it will use more fuel when cold readings and "less" at warm readings.

try to find the sonsor qualifications of how much resistance at what temp it should give. so you can test it outside of the car. if it keeps telling the ecu that he is cold he will use more fuel. would it be enough to cause a malfunction as this.... duno cant tell....

the second is the map sensor.

this measures the amount of pressure in the manifold, what is needed for a correct amount of fuel.

this sensor can also be measure by a handpomp. most of those sensors have a liniar volt measurement. ( like: 0.1bar=1volt 0.2bar=2volt)

check if those sensors are functialy properly and check the ecu if it gives any codes.

after that happy hunting on the rest of the sensors. :crazy:

hope it helps,

grtz,

Wouter (p.s. im not english so dont mind the typo's)

Edited by satyrs

Hello and thanks for your help,

I have purchased new coolant sensors and map sensor along with new injectors and new coil and igniter , I will also gap the spark plugs to correct gap and also set ignition timing, it is probably something simple and I will let you know how I get on when I fit new parts and try it again, thanks again for your help : D

Done temp sensor now, it's giving codes , map sensor, air temp sensor and coolant sensor

All of those sensors share the same sensor earth array fed from the ecu. I'd check the wiring and its pretty uncommon for the sensor to be faulty. Does it have a fcd on it by any chance?