possible valve seals?

I have random plumes of smoke occurring when I'm decelerating downhill towards a red light for example or when I accelerate an incline in the wrong gear (3rd round a corner up a hill for example).

I'm not really seeing smoke anywhere else such as stand still, startup etc.

I did have an oily turbo of which I've eliminated a lot of smoke by turning the boost right down.

am I right in thinking this is the valve stems?

if u have a smokey ct9 then gut it and weld up the centre hole where shaft goos and block the oil feed with a normal bolt

very good for nct/mot :) i got 0.05 on emissions better then the na engines ha ha

running the td04, will rebuild and fit my ct9 but until then open the wastegate fully and disconnect intercooler at intake and place filter there. cheers

why not ???? no problem attal

Because the engine is designed to be assisted by the turbo, without the turbo, the ignition, low compression pistons and head clearance, will cause induced lugging due to the lack of performance. The mapping and fueling is designed with the turbo forced induction in mind.

Basically Colin, I forgot to do a boost pipe up on my motor and it blew off, and the car was a little more difficult to drive. Kept stalling it and shit cause it wasn't getting the assistance of the turbo. So I figured it can't be good for the engine.

Edited by Calum122

no no no your wrong there :p:p:p its just low compression the ecu is mapped for it as having no boost it fuels fine in na form the ecu only starts adjusting 1s the map sensor sees boost

my friend is running gt ecu/coil electronics setup with throttle bodys for the 8000rpm limiter and goos like a rocket

me to i run turbo less but low compression 4efte pistons now runs perfect

delete the turbo altogether ryan and take her for a spin to check could be just all turbo smoke

deleted and ran for a few days, smoke is dramatically reduced but im still getting this huge puffs when decelerating suddenly ie; high reving in3rd/4th then hitting the brakes down into 2nd (cornering) and accelerating - this is when the smoke occurs; not on startup or idle??

Vseals so whats the comp on the cylinders ?? maybe rings ?

drop a rope in the cilinder so head doesnt have to come off :) :) ( dont drop the end of the rope in the cilinder ha ha )

not good, 90 on the 1st one and under 140 on all the others :( looks like another rebuild

Does this mean I get an apology?

As the turbo kit was actually perfectly fine, like I said it was and your engine was smoking and naffed the entire time....

apology... for what?

ive said since deleting the turbo from the equation the smoke has dramatically reduced however now i have random plumes which was a secondry oil contributor to your turbo kit.

anyway after i said id report back u closed my feedback thread for your turbo so i couldnt comment further on it, how exactly would i of apologised ;)

by the way is this on the fte or he

fte, fhe is sitting on the floor my garage waiting for me to b arsed to buy a rebuild kit and fit it. im in a predicament now tbh as i needed a driver and the fte was meant to turbo the sera (to sell) to fund the gt 5e conversion but now ive got 2 dudds :(

half thinking put the fhe na whilst im doing the sera up