Best turbo for stock internals?

It's all good going for the turbo but all the upgrade of parts need a decent map to perform their best. The better results are from the td04 it's been done over and over proven better results with a decent map

Thanks mate, I'm not aiming for more than 220 hp at this moment. Do you have any idea about tf035hm-10t-5 turbos? Looking at one for a bargain, thinking of grabbing that and make a custom manifold to suit it. What's your opinion?

If you want spool ct9 hybrid or Tf035 if you want more power later Td04 either or Turbo you need a good map I reckon if you go the forged route you will want that Td04 everyone will have different opinions and different results people have maxed the stock ct9's made 215 some td04's have made less 210-241 it's a roll of the dice on stock internals have a look into other peoples builds.. look at Iddy's Tf035 hutchys ct9 can't miss a td04 in the builders threads

go for the subaru ( tfo35hm) its the perfect match and leave the other tfo35 alone as there different sizes

i am running 1.1bar on a tfo and it goos like stink and very fast spool coupled with my light fly / pulleys and acis

also any ct9 hybrid is mank as its just a hot air pump

Ive ran a tf035 on standard engine. Mega turbo!

I ran 230bhp at 1.1bar with full boost at 3.2k rpm. Sold it to one of the lads from id workz whos running around 250bhp on it with standard engine

A lot of power for such little lag

I've seen alot of people making diy manifolds these days.

Has no one branched off and tried something a bit different like a k03s or a k04?

Just out of interest as they are probably cheap and as common as dirt.

There is plenty of k03s about and are fairly cheap. from what I remember k04s are the more favourable so the prices reflects it, makes me laugh that my buddies Cupra Ibiza is running 210 ponies with a k04 from a 1.8 20v

I always wanted one of those, red one

I'll be running the stock ecu for a while before i can save up and go grab a aem fic because our tuner here doesn't feel comfortable using emb. I might get a fcd to bypass the fuel cut for now and boost it below 1bar. Another question, is a rx7 top mount intercooler sufficient for running a tf035? I've heard people running td04 with the rx7 tmic.

Edited by nasif