I just brought a 40GB white PS3 back from Hong Kong for £190.

Games: Devil May Cry 4 - £23

Wangan Midnight - £25

Call of Duty 4 - £35

Rainbow Six Vegas - £25

Heres some info that might help buyers.

The 40GB version is the only official PS3 model (black) they sell in the shops now unless old stock.

The white version is not released in the US or UK just yet only Asia.

The Main Differences of a 40GB VS 60GB

60GB: Has 4 usb ports

Has memory card ports

Has PS2 game backward compatibility

Costs more and is limited in stock - (£350 onwards in UK)

Only in Black

40GB: Has 2 usb ports

Has no memory card ports

Has no PS2 game backward compatibility

Cheaper in price (UK would be £300)

Asia has sexy Ceramic White version for sale - limited to 40gb at present

More info here: http://www.pre-order-ps3.co.uk/60gb-ps3-vs-40gb-ps3.asp

All PS3 games are universal so your US machine can play UK, US and JAP games, some games are JAP only such as Wangan Midnight etc.

DVD Compatibility

DVDs will be locked to region one for a US machine so only US Region One dvds or Region Free DVDs will work.

Same goes for a UK machine locked to region 2 and a HK machine locked to region 3. Jap machines are DVD region 2 same as UK.

Blu-Ray Compatibility

Blu-ray - technically only the US BluRay movies can be played on a US PS3 - Restricted to Region A, mine is an HK machine and restricted to Region C.

So a UK machine can only play Region B. However its hit and miss that some movies may actually work as its up to publisher discretion to regional lock.

Region B covers Blu-ray Discs released in Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160743

http://bluray.lindsite.dk/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc

Getting online is a doddle if you already have a wireless hub with your PC.

I also picked up the new white dual shock 3 controller (rumble) whilst over there (HK) = essential.

My machine came with a UK powerplug :)

The white version can be bought of ebay although I highly recommend bringing one and a handful of games back if on holiday in HK or Asia Wallace :)

The newest and best games to play at the moment on PS3 are Call of Duty 4 and Devil May Cry 4.

Joz

thats rather sexay one other difference between the 40gb and 60gb is that the 60gb has a chrome panel under the disc slot, the 40gb has am att silver painted panel

lovin devil may cry 4 on level 11/20 at the mo, waiting on time crisis 4 at the mo

Guys save yourself the heartache of missing the best online community and games. Come and join the xbox360 community. Xbox live is far superior to Sony's online experience. Less problems, far more reliable and more gamers.

Been running for 5 years or so! Plus theres already a UKSC establishment on xbox live ( Ecksjay, StarletRick, and Me lol)

I rape their arses on COD4 but they wont admit it, but they know i am the king!

MM

PS3 has its good points but xbox live is just so much better. Should try it out guys. Mind you that white PS3 looks the dawgs Danglies!

I agree Marc the X box is alot more reliable than the PS3 so I have heard and I have owned a X Box and not had any problems

The only reason I would buy a PS3 is for GT5 and thats not a good enough reason (Grand Theft Auto 4 and Metal Gear Solid are coming out on the X Box :) )

May get a 360 again after the summer :)

PS3s rock. Im planning on stocking up on a few more games soon.

I have played on a 360 aswell and i have experienced XBOX live, and i personally dont think it is much different/better then playing the PS3 online.

OH YEAH 1,000 POSTS. :) ;) :)

As soon as my student maintenance comes through on 1April, I'll be buying a 360 Elite system, the price cut came at the best possible time! :)

PS3.... I don't know about them... Still seem a tad overpriced. And as Marc said, the XBL online community seems to be better. Still, I suppose the PS3 has been out for a much shorter amount of time than the 360.

And microsoft built the 360 and own it. Xbox live is a network, microsoft know everything about networks etc, they practically built them. Sony dont own their network probably and have to pay another company to run their servers etc.

Xbox 360 is great, but not bug free...

I recently encountered a problem called the 'red ring of death' (doesn't turn on anymore) - which is a very common fault.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/ne...icle2031171.ece

However, Xbox will repair this fault for free even if you dont have a warranty, which took mine over a month!

After all this, I still say Xbox 360 rules! :)