Filling out import registration forms?

Hello there, has anybody registered a car in the UK recently? I have the appropriate V55/5 forms here which is asking for all sorts of information that I'm unsure of, it's asking for drive by sound d/b, engine speed sound and other crazy stats and figures, how do I find this stuff out? The Internet has told me that if the car is non Eu and over 10 years old all I need is a mot certificate which I already have, Can anybody confirm this? Or if anybody has filled the docs in lately please enlighten me with a list of what's needed.

Cheers

James

i did it a couple of years ago dude, you dont need all that nonsense just the basics number of seats doors engine capacity vin number. when i get home if got a copy of all what i filled in i can take a look though if you need me to :-)

That would be brilliant mate, thank you

I recently imported a legacy gtb, just fill in what you can, dont worry about all the boxes, section 11 were it say type approval, just write "Exempt as the vehicle is over 10 years old" also make, model, etc, the obvious stuff that you know. You need to include the mot certificate, Insurance cover note on vin number.The de-reg document both original japanese copy, and an english translation. Also include proof of payment of vat and import duty. Remember to fill in the back of the form as well with all your contact details, and also include a copy of your identity, ie driving license.

And lastly a cheque for £55 fee and also 6/12months of tax.