Many people using LINK Atom here??

I'm ment to buy one of these with the boost control and wideband for closed loop map,

I've just found out atom dose not read det I don't like the sound of that but just want peoples opinions on here on it and the ecu in general many using them thanks

The bad fuel is a difficult one.

The air temp you can set limits for the ecu to insure you don't run into problems on that front without any det detection requirement

Your mapper will probably have a cold start setup and then a limit on the fuel map depending on engine temp during normal use. No reason he could do the same for ignition tables depending on air temp.

Unlikely to be tuned to the degree where it makes any difference but for safety sake.

Phil

The bad fuel is a difficult one.

The air temp you can set limits for the ecu to insure you don't run into problems on that front without any det detection requirement

Your mapper will probably have a cold start setup and then a limit on the fuel map depending on engine temp during normal use. No reason he could do the same for ignition tables depending on air temp.

Unlikely to be tuned to the degree where it makes any difference but for safety sake.

Phil

Exactly this. Same with Haltech's, anything before there newer Elite series don't support knock control. Its tuned accordingly anyhow and there is many engine protection features built in that you can enable to mitigate the likelihood of detonation.

I say get it as they are a bargain for what they allow you to do :)

Nikhil

So you say go for the atom I don't want anything to fancy just a good safe map, using forged 4e with Td04 hybrid.

What way can it tell me about det or any other good features on it is there?

It's not that it tells you about det but rather that you set it that it sees what might cause det and retard timing/boost in that event

Very good ecu

Phil

Is there any benefits to running sequential injecton, I'm just using standard ignition nothing fancy,is it recommended

The only benefit I see of running sequential fueling over batch fueling is the efficiency and better millage as your not wasting as much fuel?

If available to you sequential all the way :)

You can run full sequential injection but if wanting full sequential ignition as well then you need to move over to COP (Coil On Plugs). You can use the stock 24-1 pickups for this.

Nikhil

Edited by nikhilkamdar12

I install and tune ecus as part of what I do and have installed ALOT of Atom's (G4, G4+ and G4+S) over the years. Very very good entry level ecu's. They are not limited by processing power or resolution, but just have a reduced level of inputs and outputs and a few less motorsport features. They carry the same datalogging ability (via laptop) as the higher level variants and its works extremely well.

I wouldn't worry about the Atom not having knock detection - as said above the tune will be setup using a detset and any tuner worth dealing with will setup at least basic compensation tables to contend with hot air or water temps etc to protect the engine.

There are a number of benefits for sequential injection - for example by using a pyro setup or using a laser thermometer onto the runners while on the dyno you can figure out if a custom inlet manifold (or exhaust manifold for that matter) allows more air thru say #1 cylinder than the rest causing leaner running, then adjust the individual cylinder trim to bring things into line.

The Storm is a good step up from the Atom and with the extra channels allowing a heap more features (knock etc) and has the full complement of motorsport and chassis features. I run a G4+Storm in my car and run sequential injection, sequential ignition (external high energy coils), fuel and oil pressure monitoring (with engine protection tables to limit rpm etc if needed), antilag/cyclic idle, speed sensor assisted launch control etc etc. The beauty of the link products is that if you run an G4+/G4+S atom and want to upgrade, its just a case of plugging in and swapping the tune and it will run, then wire up the second plug for the other features.

Could go on for ages haha