More power on standard engine what head gasket

I have a standard bottom end and a race spec port and polished head what head gasket should I use athena or stock I want to push about 1.2 bar and 250bhp

Also should I use standard head bolts or arp

First most important thing is check piston and head inlet valve squishing area cap, there starts Your head gasket calculation, detonation will kill engine very easily and piston ring are first place were it starts. Max 1mm and under is way to go...

Cheers guys will go for standard hg and bolts what kind of boost an db power does the stock hg and bolts hold if I was to go for more power in the future

Cheers guys will go for standard hg and bolts what kind of boost an db power does the stock hg and bolts hold if I was to go for more power in the future

the stock h/gasket and stock h/bolts will handle the power and boost you mentioned above without issue----assuming you have oem/genuine items and your engine is in good condition

some people have pushed the stock h/gasket and h/bolts far beyond your goals...300++bhp, 1.5/1.7bar

you will need a good tune regardless

• 1 month later...