Drum brakes and track, heating problems?

How many of you have suffered rear drum brakes fading or overheating. What brand shoes are you using? Any air blade patents added for better cooling?

I may use EP91 drums in my EP70, but also have disk brakes from EP82 GT. Was wondering how shit drums are in track, trying to keep those long as possible. Better brake pads available for calibers and lower temps, only reason to swap. Do my light P7 survive track days in future?

I have Levin twinpot front brakes coming. Rear drums are very good overal, maybe better than disks, only visual or track use are reason to change those. Braking balance is most important way to control or compensate braking. Plan is to take original adjuster away and use some adjustable aftermarket part. And my car is coming to street use mostly, so drums are fine most of time.

Some airpipe or blade behind drum/disk, not maybe vents because of water, just outer ventilation maybe? And only if drums are overheating, is there big problems on a track?

Here is one of my GT brakes on n/a axle, easy to change disks later if needed, maybe starting with drums, pistons are so jammed that I almost have try drums first, can´t get those out :/

20160216_115308_zpsbi247dtc.jpg

20160216_095817_zpsdkbyaqfa.jpg

Never had a problem with my drums on cadwell park done 3 so far. Just had to change shoes lol

Good to know, disks are not always the best choice :)