Forged engine Toyota head gasket

Hello ladies and gents.

I've got a forged glanza running 305 hp,

I seem to be having head gasket problems,

Basically in short, I have a 1.4 mm Athena gasket and before I pay out for a new one I was wondering if I could put a gen Toyota standard head gasket on and run for a few months. To be 100% head gasket is at fault and to help me save up, it's just I've got a new gasket that came in the full engine set so it won't cost me any money to try it.

Just need to no if It will run properly and do the job for a small amount of time and miles.

Any help would be Greatfull.

Wossner pistons and Scat rods. 5 mm over sized.

Standard spec head and cams

Arp main and head bolts

Acl bearings

Etc

Cheers!

What is the exact problems you're having with the current headgasket?

You can swap the gasket no problem and lower the boost, but I wouldn't be hooning everywhere because it wil change the cylinder pressures and may cause knock without having it checked / remapped to suit.

Long story short, got a missfire, white smoking bad and seems to be flooding cyl 2 especially, thought it was fuel at 1St but took radiator cap off and it's throwing water all over in radiator and used loads,

Definatly not plugs leads b dizzy etc and leaking water and got a air lock as it's just started doing it randomly and I've changed all rest, only thing it can be is head gasket,

Just wanted to make sure 100% that it's gasket by trying the oe one, and then if it's still doing it I can buy other things along with a steel gasket, how thick are standard ones to make much difference with it been 1.4 mm?

Its because people just wack them on without a decent skim and deck. Cant remember the nane but theres a rating for the smoothness of the surface and mls have to be in a certain range.

Its because people just wack them on without a decent skim and deck. Cant remember the nane but theres a rating for the smoothness of the surface and mls have to be in a certain range.

Its true mate I did the same lol but lesson learnt

I have used Athena H/G on both of my forged engines - not had any issues at all. the 1st engine is still going strong after almost 5 years.