well.. time has come to start my Yr11 GCSE project for the graphics course i haev taken at school.

the aim of the idea is my whole class goes seperate ways, meaning i can do something and my friend can do something completely different, they are our projects not a class project.

The aim is to make an item and then design logos, brochures or leaflets on this idea.

I have chosen to take my model Toyota Celica, respray it, and do various modifications and then use photographs of it to design a brochure on this car, but its not just a standard toyota celica, its going to be a limited edition.

what could i call it as a limited edition?

i plan it to be White, it will have front bucket seats with harnesses, black bonnet with white celica bonnet scoop (this is the Gen 7 by the way), an engine from a mitsu Eclipse (the f&f eclipse (bright green one)) and then it will have a turbo, an intercooler, and various other modifications engine wise, and then many other mods such as front splitter, side skirts and rear spats. and an angled exhaust (jdm style)

anybody know what i could name this? The New Toyota Celica ????? lol

anybody who can help is pretty much a life saver as im rackin my brains trying to think, all i think of is Galliano, or JDM :p

Sam

Considering the Supra started from the Celica line why don't you go back to it, a Celica with a Supra 2JZ engine and some bodystyling to make it look similar to a Supra (things like the rear lights and a similar type of spoiler, just little things that you can compare to the Supra) :p

because this is a scale 1/18 model, and i dont have a doner supra to take the engine from, nor do i have lights and spoiler etc. and this is a gen 7

Oh, it's actually a real model like the ones you buy in boxes and glue together?

na, its ready made one, but my mates brother broke it and i bought it off him... its not going to be movable as im putting new wheels on it... il need to glue them on because the axle doesnt fit under the part that held the original in :p

but ive stripped it down and im going and getting some gloss white spray to paint it with... and already done bonnet black.. and painted carpets, door cards, dash, and rear panels in black, i have to add the white touches to them too... and also dug out some little bucket seats (nicked them from my f&f eclipse (A)

well.. i came up with a better idea. My mum wanted to go up to our local Chaplins (not pos if anyone has one near them, but they are cheap as chips) because she needed some birthday cards. while browsing around i saw a scale 1/18 MR-S (MR-2) in yellow, and i thought.. briliant, i have a Celica, and if i use the MR-2 i can create a range of limited editions (comprising of 2, unless i find some cheapies on ebay)

well this MR-2 was yellow, so when i was looking in the rattle can section.. i couldnt find any descent whites, but a "Buttercup yellow" was almost an immaculate match to the MR-2. So i bought a couple of cans and brought it home, and decided i would do a set of Galliano's lol

heres a few pics

72_DSC01287_1.jpg

72_DSC01289_1.jpg

72_DSC01296_1.jpg

Dashboard and all interior parts (including seats and carpet) painted black. the idea behind the seats being painted black is because im going to pass it off as leather for the brochure (the brochure is acting as though the Celica Galliano is a real car (when really its not :rolleyes: ))

72_DSC01293_1.jpg

i bought the yellow MR-2. and made a set of small decals for this as i dont need to respray it.

72_DSC01298_1.jpg

72_DSC01299_1.jpg

72_DSC01300_1.jpg

the bumpers came out awfully crap. maybe because they are plastic as aposed the the rest being metal. but i am going to sand everything down and respray it again, but this time in the garage so it doesnt dry with little bits in it. then i will laquer it and put everything back together.. although i need to make an engine still :D

72_DSC01309_1.jpg

72_DSC01308_1.jpg

but the engine bay came out beautifully! :lol:

72_DSC01311_1.jpg

not its a metal car, so i just used norm primer. but unfortunately the paint is sooo dainty, if you press in on it a little bit you leave a fingerprint in the paint = not just wipe away :rolleyes:

You need to give the paint time to harden mate, put a sheet of wood ect under the newspaper and once you have painted it put it in front of your fire for a few hrs, i done exactly the same with my rocker cover yesterday. Painted it and left it in the shed overnight, picked it up in the morning and left 2 massive finger prints on it :rolleyes:

well.. i made a mess of the roof, so painted it black :rolleyes: but yeh, i noticed that this morning when i picked it up, it was fine and dandy.

so i have just spent half an hour putting it back together, the bootlid is on, same for the bonnet and doors, but i still need to fit the interior back together, then do all the mechanical joinings etc and work on my engine.

other than that i did the work to the yellow MR2. and then painted the wheels black to match the celica alloys. might give it a pop at doing the graphics tonight.