So after fitting a civic half rad, my coolant hoses keep splitting. First it was one of the turbo pipes. So I changed both rad hoses and turbo hoses to dinner uprated ones. But now the hose going to the water pump has split.

The previous radiator didn't hold any pressure which is why I swapped it out.

Does anyone know if this is just the increase in pressure finding weak spots or is it something else?

Cheers in advanced

Has anyone

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Could be there's a problem. You old rad could of been the first week spot. Now you've swapped it out the next week spot will be hoses. Maybe headgasket, have a combustion leak test done.

Edited by lukEp

Could just be the age of the cooling system as they are close to 20year old hoses now, but could be an underlying issue which is over pressurising the system and splitting 20year old rubber.

• 4 weeks later...

Have my half rad a few months now and about a month ago split a turbo water pipe and blew the hose on back of the engine off then two days ago blew the one off where the thermostat goes. What half rad you got man ? I put mine down to weak Spring clamps that's 20 years old and put on t bolt clamps 😝

What would cause the system to over pressurise ?

Sorry for hi jacking lol sorta same shit happening doh 🤔 Freaky 😂

That's weird bug those first too are exactly the same that blew on daves car.

Richard, we know that aha, the crappy rad that was in it before vented pressure as soon as you left it running after driving, it was fucked lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's weird bug those first too are exactly the same that blew on daves car.

Richard, we know that aha, the crappy rad that was in it before vented pressure as soon as you left it running after driving, it was fucked lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you know that haha I had a much longer post wrote out but my phone is shit. Im not sure what happened lol