Year: 1994

Model: Toyota Starlet GT Turbo Mk2

MOT: fresh MOT on 09/07/2016 valid until 09/07/2017

Mileage: Engine 140,000kms approx, will check clocks tonight for chassis mileage

Description:

First of all, I will NOT be selling this to someone who wants to break it. If it gets broken in the future theres not much I can do about that but I wont be the one to send it to the slaughter. Secondly, Ive been as honest as I can. I am not a professional sprayer and have never learnt from a professional. I dont have a booth. The car has imperfections but Ive always been proud to say it was mine and I did the work (with help from Sam- professional mechanic). I saved it from being broken and got it back on the road. Im not in a mad rush to sell, but I feel like its time for someone else to have some fun in it and I have several other projects on the go now. If I have a serious buyer there is the possibility to view the car on a ramp if a serious buyer wishes to do so. The car can come on the Black Team Dynamics with 195 50 15 R888s, or the Gold/Polished Lip Cades Eros with 195 50 15 Toyo Proxes T1Rs as seen in the photos. Both sets of wheels are 15 7j. The Cades are approx. et38, the team dynamics are a slightly lower offset I think.

Story of the car in my ownership, Full build thread here --> http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/91265-%e2%99%aa%e2%99%ab-charlottes-red-mk15-gt-turbo-project-%e2%99%aa%e2%99%ab/

I originally bought the car as a non-runner with suspected bottom end failure in December 2014. Got it recovered back to my lock up and had a good look over it. Im not a fan of breaking starlets unless theyve been written off in an accident. So I set about restoring it. Body work was good and it was very straight but the paint wasnt too good. Paint had cracked on the wings, bumpers were scratched, boot lid was faded and the roof was terrible. I decided to spray the car in Toyota 3E5 2K red- the same red that Glanzas come in, and the same red as the TOMs GT Turbo.

I started gathering brand new OEM parts to overhaul the brakes and other things. The rear callipers were stripped and rebuilt with new seals, new rear wheels bearings etc. I removed the engine and gearbox and stripped out the engine bay, sprayed the panels and the car, and sprayed the engine bay candy gold. I sourced an engine from Socks daily Glanza at the time and a 6 speed gearbox from a corolla G6. Fitted a new Exedy organic road clutch kit and mounted the box to the engine ready to drop in.

The car came on 15 Team Dynamics with 195 50 15 R888 tyres. No other handling/suspension mods apart from Monroe shocks and springs. Im a bit of a fanny in the wet so I swapped my Cades Eros wheels with brand new Toyo Proxes T1Rs. I also fitted some suspension I had (I think theyre KYB gas shocks and springs) as the Monroe shocks and springs were VERY low and the drive to my lock up is not friendly. I fitted an RS*R panhard rod to realign the rear axle.

The shifter needed modifying for the 6 speed box. Also bought a brand new WEPR CT9 externally gated power up kit and a few shiny bits like cooling panel, clear timing cover etc.

Once it was sprayed I got it built back up and the replacement engine and box in. Fired it up and it ran very well. Dropped the oil and then took it out for a drive. All was good, got it in for an MOT and had a few years of fun in it! Just put a fresh MOT on it this weekend 09/07/2016 so its good to go for the new owner!

Spec

Engine/Engine Bay/Drivetrain

• Standard 4EFTE from EP91 Glanza with around 140,000kms
  • Corolla G6 6 speed gearbox
  • Exedy organic road clutch kit fitted when engine/box went in
  • Magnecore HT leads
  • Orange Hose Kit
  • Clear timing cover
  • Purple Dress up Bolt kit
  • Civic Rad and fitting kit
  • RRFPR set up with AEM wideband

Turbo/Exhaust

• Brand new WEPR CT9 externally gated power up kit
  • Speedvision hybrid CT9 with polished housing
  • 38mm Generic External Wastegate
  • Turbo smart Manual Boost Controller set to 1 bar
  • 2.5 exhaust (I cant honestly remember the make off the top of my head but its not blitz, HKS etc.)
  • Jam Fuel Cut Defender
  • Toyosports intercooler

Suspension/Brakes

• OEM Front discs + Mintex Pads
  • OEM Rear discs + Mintex Pads
  • OEM Rear wheel bearings
  • Rear callipers stripped/rebuilt with new seals
  • OEM handbrake cables
  • RS*R Panhard Rod
  • KYB Gas shocks & springs

Exterior

• Resprayed in Toyota 3E5 red
  • TOMs replica front bumper
  • TOMs replica spoiler
  • Debatably genuine TOMs sideskirts (they have no stamp on them but theyre not ID-Workz ones theyre a ,much tougher more compact material)
  • Livesports replica rear lip
  • ID-Workz rear mid spoiler
  • MK1 Tail lights
  • Mk1 glow panel
  • OEM Optional extra Wind deflectors
  • Tinted rear glass
  • 205 black bonnet with locking aerocatches

Interior

• OEM Optional extra Arm rest
  • OEM Optional extra Mat Set
  • Full Standard MK2 interior
  • Carbon Effect 2 pod A pillar gauge holder
  • 52mm Boost Gauge
  • OMP deep dish steering wheel and boss
  • Sony (I think) CD player with USB and AUX

Good Bits

• Great runner, regular oil changes
  • Fresh Brakes, rear callipers and handbrake cables
  • 6 Speed gearbox, recent clutch
  • Fresh MOT
  • Hybrid CT9 and WEPR externally gated power up kit
  • Tidy, stand out engine bay
  • Unique colour, not many red GTs around
  • Would be ideal to TD04

Bad Bits

• Im not a professional sprayer and I dont have a booth. Some parts arent perfect. Ive just resprayed the front and rear bumper to get rid of stone chips. I sprayed the roof as the original paint was indescribable. Its not great but much better than the original paint.
  • Coolant leak from the radiator. I just top it up when it needs it and keep a bottle of pre mixed coolant in the boot. Never overheated with me as I keep it topped up. Ideally would want a replacement civic rad (around £60). Seems like it could be coming from the drain plug.

Price: £2750ono

Pictures: Photos of interior to follow

post-9101-0-79955900-1468233858.jpg

post-9101-0-44688800-1468233907.jpg

post-9101-0-41984400-1468233922.jpg

post-9101-0-96190000-1468234572_thumb.jp

post-9101-0-53055400-1468239046.jpg

post-9101-0-17715000-1468239065.jpg

post-9101-0-36722200-1468239088_thumb.jp

Contact Details: PM, Call or text 07814102790.

Location: Hull, East Yorkshire. HU12. Can arrange delivery for an additional cost on a recovery truck if necessary.

Edited by funny onion

This is very tempting come up at right time too, always worrys me when I see a set up with a fpr and fcd had it been running 1 bar the whole time you have owned it ? I'm only a hour away too

Got any idea of the power also ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Talidan

The fcd was already fitted when I got the car. I had a wideband on it until recently (wanted to keep the wideband for one of my other builds) and the fueling was fine on and off boost. Obviously an ecu and map is better but it's never missed a beat. I don't really harass any of my cars tbh.

Got someone viewing it tonight. If he doesn't buy it you're more than welcome to come have a look!

always worrys me when I see a set up with a fpr and fcd had it been running 1 bar the whole time

I would worry if it was a hks fcd make as its a jam and had a wideband on so fueling is good and not running lean I wouldn't worry about it, it's definitely worth the price mate :-)