hey all, recently my v has been over boosting quiet a lot, nothing has been altered but she trying to boost upto 1.2 bar when it used to boost to 0.7 . ive tried turning the duty down on my ebc but that has made very little difference, i cant see any black residue from an exhaust leak on the mani decat and wastegate.

the wastegate had a replacement diaphram a couple of months ago.

thanks in advance

alex

internally gated?

Waste gate or actuator.

Theres loads of info on how to check if its mechanical or electrical boost creep on google. I'd check the electrical side first then mechanical. then you know which side is causing the issue.

It should be easier to diagnose with it being externally gated. No splits on you VAC lines? Either the waste gate is stuck shut/ not functioning and not letting exhaust gases by pass the turbo or you boost controller/vac leak is bleeding off pressure causing over boost

maybe completely bypass the ebc and just use wastegate pressure and see what happens

if there are still problems then take apart the wastegate and check to see if the piston is seating/closing properly or the diaphragm is damaged again

if all is well with the WG, then move to the ebc, double check settings and lines...you sure all the hoses were hooked up at the correct places?

I have just done a FMIC (HDI) and had to adjust the dump valve screw (Blitz SS). Took it out for a test run (20 miles) was fine. Went to a mates house and started to drive home and gave it the beans to see how it felt. Looked up at boost gauge, holy crap.....Said I was running 1.5 bar. Let off instantly and got chatter. I was close to home luckily. Turns out the grub screw fell out of my dump valve and was stopping the dump valve from opening due to VAC pressure. I'm still running stock ECU so hopefully no damage done....Hopefully.

maybe completely bypass the ebc and just use wastegate pressure and see what happens

if there are still problems then take apart the wastegate and check to see if the piston is seating/closing properly or the diaphragm is damaged again

if all is well with the WG, then move to the ebc, double check settings and lines...you sure all the hoses were hooked up at the correct places?

I've not had chance to look at it yet but I'll try it on Spring pressure see what happens, it just seems strange how I've not changed anything and it just happened all of a sudden, I'll have a snoop around this weekend see what I can find, could a kink in the silicon hoses cause the issue ?