wtf is this in my sump? panic!

i think i already know the answer to this.

so heres what i found:

20160716_113331.jpg

20160716_113346.jpg

looks like the spring that goes around the oil seals in particularly the crank shaft seal.

since the rebuild ive done less than 50 miles and have oil leaks both side of the crank so my fear is that if i took the gearbox off id see a slightly larger spring off that seal too.

i havent changed my approach to pressing seals in and other engines dont have this problem.

the only difference is that i bought this 'genuine' kit off a different seller then usual (will name later) and i did question the kit quality from the start; kit came down unsealed, the manifold gasket had snapped, there was dust all over it from the exhaust seal, all the valve stems were loose and now i find part of it in the sump??

:sad:

Shorten it a touch and screw it back together. Should be ok then but not nice when you have only just got them new

#

i did that to my driveshaft seals it will reduce the lifespan of the seal by as much as 70% or so be prepared to renew them again then in a year or 2