Unable to select gears with engine running

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help. I drove back from work in my Glanza and as I pulled onto my drive I noticed a strange noise. It sounded like a release bearing noise (small rustling noise), it felt like the clutch was dragging quite harsh so I switched of the engine. After 30 seconds I restarted but was unable to select ANY gears. With the engine off I could select gears perfectly. I've check the clutch fluid level and all is ok!

I've been having the common problem with the clutch where it drags on the spec 6 puk paddle clutch and I think now it's had it completely! Any ideas!

Thanks in advance!

probably clutch mate, my spec friction plate went after 900 miles,it was dragging badly then finally went. splines disentegrated. i could select gears with the motor off but not select any when engine was running. made a horrible noise.it buggered the input shaft too. sounds similar

2825A404-4C3B-47E3-A3B4-BB316F26107B.jpg

Edited by Vturbo

I woke up this morning and tried the car and it now works absolutely fine! I think I'm going to get rid of this clutch and get a different one! It's a right pain in the ass when at a set of lights and trying to get into 1st! Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it.

Right, so I'm thinking this is just the next stage to the clutch dragging problem I've had since fitting the spec clutch just much more severe, I think I'm going to get the gearbox off in the next few weeks once my new daily arrives!

spec clutches are utter shite, not just for starlets but also for audis and evos.

stay well away from them. just check some reviews on google and see for yourself

• 1 month later...

Right the gearbox on my Glanza is coming off over the weekend hopefully so I can inspect the damage etc. But.. what clutch does everyone recommend I don't have a ridiculous budget so that rights off the orc, os giken, blitz active etc.

What are your thoughts on competition clutches?

Thanks guys appreciate all the comments