• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys, I didnt mean to bring up a debate or anything.?!?!

interesting to find out some opinions/facts though.

And Ryno...tell me about it mate! It wasnt the mintest starlet in the world either...to say im abit miffed is an understatment!

still, although the Glanza 'may not' be as good in most aspects as the 172, I still love em.

I dont know fuck all about 172's but im sure they have there flaws too, most cars do. One thing is good and linked to something that is shit and so on..

And that Glanza looks nice mate, They look like Sparco Racing Crimsons too which are a Lightweight wheel. Not the lightest though.

I dont know fuck all about 172's but im sure they have there flaws too, most cars do. One thing is good and linked to something that is shit and so on..

And that Glanza looks nice mate, They look like Sparco Racing Crimsons too which are a Lightweight wheel. Not the lightest though.

Yea they brake down alot as they are made by the frogs :blink:

I always love arguments like this! :blink:

Everybody whos got a jap motor will frown on you and say you'll catch herpes if you own a French car, but there is no denying they have a great chassis and suspension setup 'out the box'

For me though, the GT/Glanza not handling aswell by far outweighs the reliability issues I had when owning a Clio, although it wasnt a 172 I imagine the performance models being worse.

The stealth of a GT/Glanza is great too, which adds Kudos imho.

All down to personal preference!

Good debate guys.

Personally i would not get a clio. I have driven my mates one plenty of times and even though the handling is very good for a standard car it wouldn't even come close to persuading me. The reasons being,

1) I was driving it home on the motorway two weeks after it left the showroom (brand new) the electrics just went. The motor was running fine so i could carry home but the headlights, radio, indicators (basically anything else electric) all failed to work.

2) The alarm started going off in the middle of the night and the day on it's own.

3) Both window motors failed and unfortunatly the windows were down so i had to drive it 20 miles in the rain.

4) Some days it decided it didn't want to start.

5) There were reports in watchdog of the bonnets deciding to open when driving it.

Even though all the faults were fixed under warrenty as it was brand new, i still would not pay thousands on a car for it to be in the Renault garage 50% of the time. My mate did not learn from his mistake and now has a Renault Megane drop top. He bought it 6 months old and he drove it away from Renault with loads of electrical faults that had to be fixed under warrenty the next week.

As you can see i will never own a Renault no matter how good they look or handle.

Bourkey

No Argument Really

Glanza = Jap Quality Workmanship (as everything with 4 wheels out of Japan)

Clio = French Shite (as everything out of France, I mean EVERYTHING)

Case Dismissed, Juy Out hahahaaaa :huh:

Plus we all know what Forum we have Joined (Not La French Shite Car Forum)

Oh yeah.... ditch the Clio daz_rt_04 buy a Glanza :blink:

our company car is a renault... its about as good at keeping water out as filter paper.

It has been into the garage monthly for 3.5 years and although they keep saying they fixed it it still leaks again.

French cars have poor build quality.

just reading the dumb ass posts that people have put up.

the 197 clio, is a good car.

i wouldnt own one, i like my glanza. but saying that the 197 is a piee of french shit just makes them look stupid. chances are theyve never even looked at one, let alone driven one.

197's are a weapon if driven right, im a big fan of the clio 172ph1 and ph2 ff and perticularly the cup as its the best drivers car, for the money there great cars just avoid 2002 cars.

standard vs standard they would piss all over a glanza and just about most cars, not far off a dc5

the only thing that puts me off is to get a 30bhp gain its costs easily over 1k which is stupid

still you can make a glanza handle about as good as the stock setup on a clio but probably no better wouldnt be able to touch a clio on coiles, but dam right straightline turbo power from a ep outweights that for me

I do agree with Rick on the fact that the clio is a good car...when it works though unfortunately. My mate had nothing but trouble with his as i said above.

It's a shame they couldn't iron out these faults with their cars as i would have a clio 197 straight away as they perform and look fantastic. Until they do i will continue to watch my mate suffer with his Megane drop top. I keep telling him one day the roof will be stuck open and it will probably rain as well

Bourkey

it wont be like that with every car though mate. my starlet has done some cuntish things in the past. thown off the tensioner pulley/turn a release bearing, etc.

its just funny how most young japanese car owners are all high and mighty and everything else in the world is shit. it makes me laugh.

'Good Car' :blink:

hardly a compliment, same thing people say about people carriers and cheap run arounds, not something that's ment to be on top of the competition!!!

would say it's a luke warm hatch, no more, no less!

and anyone that's saying that french build quality is better then Toyota is basicly talking out of their arse!

people go on about how shit french cars are for a reason, lets not suck cheezy cock because someone drove one once, they are wank, it's like buying food from Tescos, still does the job but you know that M&S tastes better!

I just love, as Rick says, the hordes of sheep that just follow on from someone elses opinion (cue TGTT)...French cars are shit, why? Cause a guy long ago said they were unreliable? Cause Jeremy Clarkson keeps saying they're unreliable?? So people are just making opinions not based on their own actual opinion, but something that some e-tard said on the internet?? Right...

it wont be like that with every car though mate. my starlet has done some cuntish things in the past. thown off the tensioner pulley/turn a release bearing, etc.

its just funny how young japanese car owners are all high and mighty and everything else in the world is shit. it makes me laugh.

Yes i know it wont but i've just seen to many faults with people i know who have owned renaults. It's the same reason i wouldn't own a Vauxhall, Ford or a Fiat. Every one i've known someone to have has had lots gone wrong. I have driven a Lotus Exige that a friends dad owns. It had to be one of the best handling cars i've ever been in but it falls apart all the time and occasionally has electrical faults.

Yet i know people that have standard and modified Japanese or German cars and they rarley ever go wrong. My dad sold a 2.2L Toyota Camry last year with over 200k on it and it had never ever broken down and a workmate has a passat with 150k on it.

I fully appreciate other cars for what they are but from my im speaking from experiences not somebody elses. Also Jeremy Clarkson loves Fords but as much as i love the guy, i wont get one.

If i had the money i'd love to put all the Glanza electrics and engine in a Clio. Would make a mint combination!!!

Bourkey

i know that jap cars are alot better put together. they are all i own due to this.

but the last 3 or 4 years renault (as well as ford im sad to admit,and fiat are starting too) have put alot more time into the design and quality of their cars. and they are not as shit as they used to be. euro buld quality is going up, because they know they have to try to compete with jap cars.

saying that they all are shit and fall appart just makes you sound like an uneducated numpty.

saying that they all are shit and fall appart just makes you sound like an uneducated numpty

Exactly, thats why i agree on the fact that the cars (faults aside) are very good in their own way. I've driven a new Mondeo ST recently and i was pretty impressed on the build quality and the powerful engine :huh: . Also it has only had one very minor fault as well.

The Lotus really did fall apart though. I was driving along and the lights just popped out of the front when i braked for a red light. :blink:

I just base my chioce of car on experiences rather than someones opinion. All my friends took the piss when i got my Starlet and even more so when i got my second Starlet and yet now they all like it. And they are arguing who gets to have a go when my engine is in. Im not going to go out and buy a car because my friends like it. I'd have a Punto if i did that and my mates is pissing oil already and he is on his third gearbox (seriously!!).

Bourkey

I havn't said i hate french cars here and i could'nt give a shit what anyone thinks, because i do. Apart from 205's. We've owned some and 206's are terrible. And i just don't find them appealing. But some of these types of cars are good for different things like, saving fuel for commuting and familys and shit.

I do like a lot of new cars, only really Jap cars and Audi's actually and im happy with that.

The thing is cars are getting to plastically and its all about gimmicky bollox now. Where as slightly older cars don't really have this, they used to have a different goal when producing the majority of cars.

Not that i dislike all new cars! I like alot of new cars, like the GTR r35 and Audi RS4 stuff, all packed with nifty things.

i once said once you had jap u ain't going back every one has there own opinion on stuff that's what makes us all different( and argue so much). i don't mind french cars the electrics are crazy in them the multi plex miring and the can bus. not necessary at all when there running base range sounds is it. if i have one more ned come and ask me to fit a stero to a citeron c2 or a 207 im gona slap the spit out him. but at the same time i have one of the later Ep91s and a few of ma pals have driven it and the like the more lively fell you get of my car than the get from there Polo's or 206's but i dint like driving theirs as its just not you car. saying that thou I'm not wanting to cause an argument but unless i had a pal with the same Kinna car i was looking at getting to tell me the problems with it i don't think i would buy anything other than jap or mabey a higher end German.