Fpr flow rate?

Hey guys i have a glanza with hybrid turbo pnp n all the supporting mods and I got a fpr witch is just bolted on not plumbed in yet. What pressure is save to run untill I can get it checked currently running a bar of boost n I know it's running rich already

Cheers

I tested 1.0bar almost standard 5E turbo with Garret T3/T4, adjustable fpr and 0,8bar boost and Supra 440cc injectors, Bosch big fuel pump, gave 218hp and 300Nm. So can go very low but won't idle well anymore. Stay original fpr pressure.

You can fit the adjustable reg in the return line after the stock reg and just set the base pressure a few psi higher. That way idle/cruise etc all runs the same on a stock ecu, and its just when its on boost that it ups the pressure to add more fuel. Definitely need a wide band oxygen sensor to check the tune though.

That would not work how you think it would.. The standard fpr would open to allow fuel flow to pass but it would be stopped by the adjustable fpr up to an increased base pressure, which will cause the whole system to run at that higher pressure.

If you wanted to do what your suggesting, you need to obtain an adjustable fpr with a higher rising rate ratio, say 2:1 instead of 1:1. then set that to 1psi lower (without vac line) than standard. That way you will get extra fuel on boost once your over 1psi

1-2psi doesnt make all that much difference (not noticable at idle/cruise anyway) but yes your right the second reg holds the system pressure up. You could set lower if you wanted. We used to do it alot many years ago mainly using Malpassi rising rate regs - can't remember what rate it ramped at. The current nz quarter mile record holder used that exact setup

Yes but if the adjustable fpr on the return is set higher than the standard one it would defeat the purpose of keeping the standard fpr.. may as well just remove it and go with adjustable. Only way its worth it is if its set below standard but rising rate ratio is higher than standard to ramp up fuelling on boost.

The reason we did it was because the aftermarket regs of the time did drop their pressure slightly over time and needed to be monitored and adjusted. Factory reg at least maintains idle/cruise is as per factory. I know what your saying and your right, less base pressure on the second reg would work the best. Your still battling the stock ecu and it's fuel map anyway so there are always compromises. I run a single aftermarket reg on my car and I wired in a link ecu with fuel pressure monitoring so if the reg does shift base pressure slightly the ecu compensates.

Edited by Stu