how much value does being a fresh import add?

hey guys im having an attack of the starlet bug - bad. drove one today and it was like shagging an ex girlfriend.

seriously though, what do you guys think about fresh imports and the high values of them?

ive had my fun drag racing etc with a forged 270bhp one in the past and now i just want a nice fresh clean example to get up to about 200bhp but keep looking as stock as possible.

the one ive found is a 1998 facelift model in white with 64k miles. fresh import, very clean underneath and engine bay. totally standard. high/low boost button still functional lol.

its very very clean and drives beautifully, but the price is £5500 which seems a lot.

am i just being a tight fisted wanker?

Theres a fresh import on ebay .... its a red one with white rota's think its about 4k!

Someone on here shared it a while back and said they know the person and said they had seen the car and it was a good example. For the life of me i cant remember who :(

Dont take my word on the above though

James

Import one yourself mate it's really not that difficult the mark up people put on them is a joke and for some reason people in the uk seem to think starlets are worth a fortune they are still readily available in Japan most for sale over here are shit boxes anyway that have had engines swapped etc

I've also noticed that people on eBay etc are listing cars as fresh imports and saying shit like been dry stored for 4 years or passed the past two years mot with no problems or I'm only the second uk owner ??? Yeah how the fuck

Is that a fresh import then