Speedo incorrect

My speedo was out for ages then gave up all together, turns out where someone had had the speedo drive off before and damaged the connection to the box, being cable tied on it slowly wore it away, swapped a new cable on a solved the issue, this was a manual box tho

Easy to pull off the needle with a fork and push fit it back.

Turn speedo needle to 40mph and hold in position with fine needle nose pliers. Remove speedo needle with fork and refit at 30mph. Press firmly to make sure it's fitted properly :)

Job done :thumbsup:

Go for a drive and check all is ok :D

Starlets speedo drive is mechanical. so the difference will be more the faster you go but not by much. Do the correction for 40 and then check with GPS at 30 and 70 which are the most common speed limits. At least you'll know what the errors will be. Also by readjusting the needle position on the speedo, the spring tension will change. So the errors may be even less.

I understand that they'll be out but mine is as much as 25%. My other 4paw running the same wheels 50/15 was about 10% out like you say morgey which is fine. I have another set of dials but the car im having issues with is auto and I have manual dials, do you know if I could still used them to test with?