Newbie- Haynes Manual Recommendation?

Hello everyone!

My name is Tiff and I am the proud-yet-somewhat-clueless owner of a 1992 Starlet 1.3XLi. I'm not actually in the UK; I'm an American who lives in Italy. I hope that's alright. I dropped by the US Starlet forum, but it appears to be rather dead.

I bought my car last summer from a German woman who inherited it from her bedridden mother. It's been in storage for most of the past 25 years and, as a result, only has 44,000 kilometers on the odometer. Apart from some minor rust, the car is in near-pristine condition. It drives beautifully and I absolutely love it.

I'm an old car fan but this will be my first foray into really owning an old car. I have an owner's manual, but it's all in German, which I do not read or speak. I'd like to buy a Haynes manual, but I'm really not sure which one to choose. Is a 1992 Corolla equivalent or is there a better fit? I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.

I'm moving back to the states this summer, and unless something goes wrong, I'm taking my Starlet with me. Since she's 25 years old, she should qualify as an importable antique.

I'd post a picture but I can't seem to figure out how yet. Once I do, I'll share :)

Thank you, and nice to meet all of you!

hey mate welcome to the club

your car will have a 2e or a 2e-e engine

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/330592428868405720/ or the likes and you will be able to download it

dvd book http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-1E-2E-2E-C-1984-1989-ENGINE-REPAIR-SERVICE-MANUAL-DVD-/271017516003

Edited by 5e colin
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...